Are the dev team furries?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Alrighty, apologies in advance for necroposting this, but as I learned from Steam's guide to forum posting: *puts on creepy overlord voice* "It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one!".

Alright, disclaimers aside, I myself am a furry artist. I don't see myself as an animal spirit trapped inside a human body, but I do like roleplaying a furry version of myself at times. I'm also a clean furry so no yiffing here X3 Lugaru kind of appealed to me because of the idea of a fighting game with rabbits and wolves is quite cool ^^ I feel the furry fandom is somewhat divided between the yiff crazy and the non yiffers. Unfortunately the mass media has lumped the non yiffers in with the rest and we get unneccesary abuse.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed May 02, 2007 5:28 pm

The media will always do that. That way they sell more copies. Why tell the truth when you can tell the scandal?

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 am

Sartan wrote:The media will always do that. That way they sell more copies. Why tell the truth when you can tell the scandal?
That's perfectly true, and also why I loathe the mass media (specifically tabloids such as "The Sun" and "Daily Mirror" who make mountains of molehills more often than not.)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu May 03, 2007 4:16 am

I simply Dismiss the media for there slants they give. The Truth is the truth. Its hidden from us by those who don't want us to know it...
Only thing left is having a little faith in the world leaders, who know jack shit about what's going on.

There... my rant...

now where was I...
Its great to have Diversity in beliefs and people.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Thu May 03, 2007 4:23 am

Colicedus wrote:now where was I...
Its great to have Diversity in beliefs and people.
Amen to that ^^ we should celebrate diveristy, not discriminate! Even though I'm atheist (Actually I'm more humanist but in any case I don't believe in a god) I still respect the beliefs and views of religous people. I guess the real idiots in the furry haters issue aren't the mass media themselves, but the readers who allow their minds to be warped by it and hate furries just because they read an article in a newspaper/watched that episode of CSI/any other lame-ass excuse.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu May 03, 2007 4:47 am

I follow the Crimson Circle as a belief now, but I am Agnostic at the same time, and a Humanist to an extent.

and for the celebration, Woooohoo!

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu May 03, 2007 7:30 am

Amen, chaz! =P

(That CSI episode ruined it all! =C )

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu May 03, 2007 8:03 pm

ChazFox wrote:
Sartan wrote:The media will always do that. That way they sell more copies. Why tell the truth when you can tell the scandal?
That's perfectly true, and also why I loathe the mass media (specifically tabloids such as "The Sun" and "Daily Mirror" who make mountains of molehills more often than not.)
That's like saying you hate reading The Onion because it's so ridiculous.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Fri May 04, 2007 3:53 am

wormguy wrote:
ChazFox wrote:
That's like saying you hate reading The Onion because it's so ridiculous.
I suppose that's a good point. The Onion is supposed to be ridiculous (I haven't read much articles but I read one on "Intelligent Falling" which refutes the theory of gravity and says god guides us to the ground, which of course is bull :p) and The Sun and the Daily Mirror are, as you suggest, supposed to make mountains of molehills to get more sales. Sure, the furries might not be happy at the unwanted attention but who cares? The papers get more sales! And it's that greedy, uncaring thinking that has me loathing the mass media. The Onion does it for humour, the tabloids do it for money. There's a difference there :p

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri May 04, 2007 6:44 pm

ChazFox wrote:The Onion does it for humour…
And MAD Magazine, you can't forget that. :P

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri May 04, 2007 9:51 pm

You can't compare something humorous like Mad Magazine or The Onion to something like The Sun, which is a British tabloid that does headlines like "drunk Hasselhoff has Burger Hassel" (the hell?) and The Mirror, doing yet another headline of Brittney Spears and her baby and she has a lame husband and blah blah blah.

Back on topic, what other fighting game is dedicated to playing with rabbits and other furry creatures? None. Lugaru 2 has to be a furry's dream.
I don't know how big that market is, but this should basically cover everything relating to furries and video games... sounds good to me.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat May 05, 2007 1:33 am

Zantalos wrote:I don't know how big that market is
You don't wnat to know. And you don't want to know what's on the market. It's weird, sometimes irritating, often disturbing.
Imho Lugaru is not furry material because there's no sex involved (yet).

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 am

rudel_ic wrote:Imho Lugaru is not furry material because there's no sex involved (yet).
Two things about that:

Firstly, it's narrow minded thinking that all furries are into sex. I for one am furry but certainly not for the sex. I just like the idea of roleplaying an anthropomorphic animal :D

Secondly, no sex involved? What about the raiders raping and killing everyone in the village? :p