Overgrowth First Impressions [Video]

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
tmripper

Overgrowth First Impressions [Video]

Post by tmripper » Thu May 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm so impressed with this game so far, core wise it's everything I'm looking for. Looking forward to seeing how Overgrowth builds and expands. I did a quick video on this, and will continue to make more as I'm just having too much fun. :)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h038gFEsCrw

Best,
Ripper X

MMORPG.COM / Machinima
http://www.youtube.com/TMRipper

SteelRaven7

Re: Overgrowth First Impressions [Video]

Post by SteelRaven7 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Cool! I like how it doesn't resemble the nerd^3 video, like some others do. You might want to check out the basics of editing maps and spawning objects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taX4h3UajBc, more indepth here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14869.

And you should consider showing off some community levels by downloading the SUM-launcher and the main menu mod. Some are really awesome! (And sometimes more complete than the vanilla levels.)

Looking forward to more!

EDIT: Just realized that video doesn't show weapon spawning, but it's essentially just placing weapon objects via the load object menu.

tmripper

Post by tmripper » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Cool! I like how it doesn't resemble the nerd^3 video, like some others do. You might want to check out the basics of editing maps and spawning objects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taX4h3UajBc, more indepth here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14869.

And you should consider showing off some community levels by downloading the SUM-launcher and the main menu mod. Some are really awesome! (And sometimes more complete than the vanilla levels.)

Looking forward to more!

EDIT: Just realized that video doesn't show weapon spawning, but it's essentially just placing weapon objects via the load object menu.
Thanks for all the info. Going to go over this more in-depth! Again just a beginner to the game but am really enjoying it so far. :)

Best,
Ripper X

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh right, forgot to mention that the music can be disabled easily via the SUM-launcher (along with other options). And that debug text will probably dissapear in the next alpha.

tmripper

Post by tmripper » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Oh right, forgot to mention that the music can be disabled easily via the SUM-launcher (along with other options). And that debug text will probably dissapear in the next alpha.
The music is great, but that's good to know thanks. :)

So it is also possible to create a multiplayer game/map?

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 am

T'was a cool Stream! ;D

Glad you're enjoying the game.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri May 04, 2012 2:00 am

tmripper wrote:So it is also possible to create a multiplayer game/map?
Yes, to do that you'll need at least one controller. Preferably an xbox360 controller, but other controllers may work if you use some application to tell the game it's a 360 controller (never done that so don't know how).

You just plug it in, start the game, open up a level, spawn a second character using the load item button, double click his spawn box, press ctrl + p to turn him into a player, his box should turn green. Now when you go back into play mode one character should be controlled by the controller and the other with the keyboard.

If you have two controllers you can control both with controllers.

If it's in split screen and you want single screen or the other way around, you can change that in the config file using SUMLauncher, or do it manually.

Retep

Post by Retep » Fri May 04, 2012 4:53 am

Hey, I messaged you on youtube but its a little crowded over there! So well done, good video, but if I was you I would look around for some controls, there is little out there so asking/experimenting is the only way, for instance combining a jump then holding down right mouse button will turn Rabbot into Altair and start clambering over objects, wall running etc.
Also right click to block, movement keys to dodge attacks (with awesome animations) hold down right click to attempt to flip the attacker, em, what else, jump+left click = painfull bunnyjumpattack, oh and just use the esc menu to place weapon props down!

Also if you would like to do a joint video if/when multiplayer is released over ye olde internet just message me!

(Btw I'm Biteme from M£B Napoleonic Wars)

Here is my channel if you want to check it out.

Thanks
Peter

tmripper

Post by tmripper » Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 am

Retep wrote:Hey, I messaged you on youtube but its a little crowded over there! So well done, good video, but if I was you I would look around for some controls, there is little out there so asking/experimenting is the only way, for instance combining a jump then holding down right mouse button will turn Rabbot into Altair and start clambering over objects, wall running etc.
Also right click to block, movement keys to dodge attacks (with awesome animations) hold down right click to attempt to flip the attacker, em, what else, jump+left click = painfull bunnyjumpattack, oh and just use the esc menu to place weapon props down!

Also if you would like to do a joint video if/when multiplayer is released over ye olde internet just message me!

(Btw I'm Biteme from M£B Napoleonic Wars)

Here is my channel if you want to check it out.

Thanks
Peter
Thanks for all the awesome tips, Shiny and Bite, and the rest of you guys are great thank you. As for doing a joint video that would be awesome. I'm totally down for that once Multiplayer is implemented!

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Cool video, but the narration sounds like you're desperate to sing and disco at any moment. You have a crazy disco voice. o.O