Some cool stuff you might wanna add to the game

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ceceli

Re: Some cool stuff you might wanna add to the game

Post by Ceceli » Tue May 08, 2012 3:56 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:
Ceceli wrote: Yeah, I built a cool village and saved. When I tried to load the map, it gave me an error message. That does not make me wanna buy it.
Since you haven't been able to read the actual tutorial, you're doing it wrong. When you preorder, you'll learn how to actually save levels properly.
It's nice to see someone polite here for a change. Thanks.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Ceceli wrote:
SteelRaven7 wrote:
Ceceli wrote: Yeah, I built a cool village and saved. When I tried to load the map, it gave me an error message. That does not make me wanna buy it.
Since you haven't been able to read the actual tutorial, you're doing it wrong. When you preorder, you'll learn how to actually save levels properly.
It's nice to see someone polite here for a change. Thanks.
Yeah ikr, I hate people who are bitches.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Hey, I'm not a bitch. I just discourage people dissing a game based on what they've seen of early development. David should really start saying, in the videos, that it is an Alpha and not final release quality. I never think it's important, especially when the video has 'Alpha' in the title, but eh.
ANYWAYS, yes. Polite people are nice and we encourage pirates to purchase the game, but we also don't always take kindly to people pirating a game we've all bought and have a relationship with the developers of. Just a bad way to hit it off, you know?

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm

In my opinion, it's a bit rude to come on here, obviously having pirated the game, and expect us to help you with your problems born out of torrenting a bad copy/not having read any tutorials. It is, however, also in the best interest of David and the rest to be courteous and open, and at least politely explain that we don't generally help pirates.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm

We do politely explain. The pirates have apparently never thought to search for "Pirate" or "Help" in the Wolfire forum. If they had, they would see our entire history of dealing with pirates, including the nice and rude parts.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue May 08, 2012 7:10 pm

I did not mean to imply that we don't necessarily, that's just my idea of the best approach.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Korban3 wrote:Hey, I'm not a bitch.
Lies.

But yeah, I agree with Jack. We should be polite, understanding, and disapproving. Also, alot of people aren't regular forum goers, and so they don't think to search.
SteelRaven7 wrote:
Yeah, there is a WIP tutorial that is AWESOME. It's pretty short, and it teaches you all about level making. It's in the SPF though. Also, if you come across other game breaking bugs, there is usually a solution in the SPF, and if not, once you preorder, you can just ask, and most problems will be solved. Ontop of that and much more, you are supporting the Devs. David works on this game constantly and tirelessly, and is doing such amazing work that it makes us mad to see people cheating him. If you are just pirating as a demo though, I personally think that's OK, just as long as you buy it if you like it, or delete it if you don't.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Korban3 wrote:Hey, I'm not a bitch. I just discourage people dissing a game based on what they've seen of early development. David should really start saying, in the videos, that it is an Alpha and not final release quality. I never think it's important, especially when the video has 'Alpha' in the title, but eh.
ANYWAYS, yes. Polite people are nice and we encourage pirates to purchase the game, but we also don't always take kindly to people pirating a game we've all bought and have a relationship with the developers of. Just a bad way to hit it off, you know?
AH, I see what your saying there. I do agree about David saying that in his weekly videos, that's a good idea.

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

adwuga wrote:
Korban3 wrote:Hey, I'm not a bitch.
Lies.

But yeah, I agree with Jack. We should be polite, understanding, and disapproving. Also, alot of people aren't regular forum goers, and so they don't think to search.
SteelRaven7 wrote:
Yeah, there is a WIP tutorial that is AWESOME. It's pretty short, and it teaches you all about level making. It's in the SPF though. Also, if you come across other game breaking bugs, there is usually a solution in the SPF, and if not, once you preorder, you can just ask, and most problems will be solved. Ontop of that and much more, you are supporting the Devs. David works on this game constantly and tirelessly, and is doing such amazing work that it makes us mad to see people cheating him. If you are just pirating as a demo though, I personally think that's OK, just as long as you buy it if you like it, or delete it if you don't.
Yeah, man. Of course I'm gonna buy this game. It's so awesome and the developers deserve my support. And as you said, just a demo :D

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Very nice! I hope to see a preorderer tag under your name soon!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 am

As do I.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 pm

As do I.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I just want to get high school graduation out of the way and move on to bootcamp.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed May 09, 2012 5:50 pm

GTFO.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Mnah