Some cool stuff you might wanna add to the game

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ceceli

Some cool stuff you might wanna add to the game

Post by Ceceli » Thu May 03, 2012 6:19 pm

1. When jumping from high places, le parkour guys roll to numb a little bit of the impact. Doing that on the game will increase its realism. And also, when you jump to the front, you can't immediately jump backwards, 'cause that's just weird.

2. Add a bar of energy:

Running/Jumping
- This bar should take 1 minute to empty itself. When it drops to 20%, the player can no longer block. If it reaches 0%, the player won't be able to move 'cause the rabbit will be exhausted, which will delay a little bit the start of regenaration time of the energy.

3. The Wolf's grab

Instead of just snapping the rabbits neck, make it a really ugly bite to the neck while it growls. That would be nice! Or turn it up a notch and make blood squirt when it bites and pulls so hard the flesh.

4. This one might be hardcore, but you know... Some people like... dismembering(realism)!

And players, what are your thoughts on this? Anything hardcore you'd like to see in this already awesome game at its alpha stage?

Count Roland

Re: Some cool stuff you might wanna add to the game

Post by Count Roland » Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 pm

no bar of energy.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 pm

I dunno, Overgrowth Villages was looking pretty awesome.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat May 05, 2012 2:28 am

Every one of those suggestions has already been discussed at length with or by the devs.
The roll mechanics aren't completely finished yet, so that's still to come.
There will be no energy bar or HUD whatsoever.
The wolves' movesets are incomplete as of now: they will be changed and added to appropriately.
Dismemberment has also been discussed at length. I'm not entirely sure what the outcome was, or even if the discussion in finished yet, but if you'd pre-order you could join in and add to the discussion in the secret corners of this place.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sat May 05, 2012 7:46 am

Yeah dude, why don't you pre-order and play the game for a while before making a bunch of suggestions? Once you understand how Overgrowth works, I'm willing to bet your list of suggestions will drastically change.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun May 06, 2012 1:57 am

Djemps wrote:Once you understand how Overgrowth works, I'm willing to bet your list of suggestions will drastically change.
:lol:

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't need to preorder to make my sugestions magicly acceptable. But I will preorder soon. Just waiting on some money to cash in.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

No, you don't but it helps to give you a more focused perspective and direction for the suggestions about the game. For instance, a stamina bar would ruin the feel of the game. In fact, I believe that enemies are already less effective at blocking when they are wounded than fresh, unless that was removed forever ago. But that's how it feels sometimes. The game is aiming to be very organic, flowing and natural, rather than be stilted by cluttery and un-fun elements.
And awesome. It's always nice to see new members get the tag and start modding.
*wink wink* do it

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Korban3 wrote:No, you don't but it helps to give you a more focused perspective and direction for the suggestions about the game. For instance, a stamina bar would ruin the feel of the game. In fact, I believe that enemies are already less effective at blocking when they are wounded than fresh, unless that was removed forever ago. But that's how it feels sometimes. The game is aiming to be very organic, flowing and natural, rather than be stilted by cluttery and un-fun elements.
And awesome. It's always nice to see new members get the tag and start modding.
*wink wink* do it

Yeah, I built a cool village and saved. When I tried to load the map, it gave me an error message. That does not make me wanna buy it.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 pm

It's an alpha. We're lucky it's even as polished and playable as it is. In fact, we're lucky David even provides them. He's legally only obligated to give us a final product. We get alphas because he is cool and generous. But expect bugs and such until the game is done. That's just the nature of David's work. Believe me, games are complicated and can be lengthy as fuck to produce well.
On an almost unrelated side note, don't let that discourage you. Go here: http://www.yoyogames.com/ and try GameMaker. Or maybe go to http://www.roblox.com and try that. It has the ability to script with Lua in their Studio editor.
Then move on to bigger and better and more complicated things! It's really awesome and fun.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Tue May 08, 2012 6:16 am

Ceceli wrote: Yeah, I built a cool village and saved. When I tried to load the map, it gave me an error message. That does not make me wanna buy it.

Wait... How da funk are you building levels without preordering the game?

Windlord

Post by Windlord » Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 am

I still don't understand how shameless people can be...

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Ceceli wrote: Yeah, I built a cool village and saved. When I tried to load the map, it gave me an error message. That does not make me wanna buy it.
Since you haven't been able to read the actual tutorial, you're doing it wrong. When you preorder, you'll learn how to actually save levels properly.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue May 08, 2012 1:46 pm

You know it wouldn't hurt to be a little more friendly and helpful, even to pirates.
Not saying you should tell him what to do, but just suggesting a little more openness would help, in case he assumes this bluntness is all he's got to look forward to even if he does preorder.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Glabbit wrote:You know it wouldn't hurt to be a little more friendly and helpful, even to pirates.
Not saying you should tell him what to do, but just suggesting a little more openness would help, in case he assumes this bluntness is all he's got to look forward to even if he does preorder.
I agree.