I've been thinking....

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Killerkarl

I've been thinking....

Post by Killerkarl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey guys im new to Overgrowth got the game earlier today and have been loving it. As i was walking through town and i had a few good ideas that hopefully will help the parkour in the game. Please consider my ideas and respond ASAP.

1. Ropes/Vines
I think in the game wolf fire should put some kind of rope or vine system to allow climbing,large gap jumping and ways to fly though the sky to drop in on enemies. This would be a great addition to the game and to move the rope you use the simple WASD to go forward left right and backward.

2. wood or metal pipes on holders in walls.
This one is a bit harder to explain but i"ll try. I think there should be these pipes on little stands that will be found on walls that you can hold on to instead of having to stand on platforms in between jumps. This would be useful for wall to wall jumps and to sneak around the sides of towers. I think this would work very well but dont know how you would control how you use them in game(the key command to grab the pipe). If this works i would be very grateful and hope others will like my ideas to.

Thanks you for taking a look at my post and hopefully considering putting this in the game. Please leave a comment and respond with an answer ASAP.
Thanks,
Killerkarl

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: I've been thinking....

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

This type of discussion is usually held inside the secret pre-order forum, which would be a great place to post this. (There are some similar discussions in there as well, that you would probably enjoy.) You should make sure to register your forum account like this so you can join the conversation. :)

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh shit i closed that without looking is there a way to get it back somehow

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Killerkarl wrote:Oh shit i closed that without looking is there a way to get it back somehow
The link that was sent to you in your email takes you to that page. If you've lost that, you can get it sent to you again by going to http://wolfire.com/spf

You'll also want to set up your account with SPF access if you are interested in modding, and some auto updaters and stuff.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Anton wrote:[...] and stuff.
That's the best part.

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:02 pm

One thanks ill set it up tommorrow
Two isnt auto updater set up simce i installed the game?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:04 pm

No, the auto updater in question is the SUM Launcher. It's available for download in the SPF.

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 pm

I put my email in to get the key but the email isnt showing up

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Are you sure you typed it right? It might be case-sensitive so be sure to check that out. I'm also pretty sure it has to be the one you preordered through, so using a different one won't work. Other than that, I can only guess that it might have gone to your junk folder or is just taking a long while to actually send, for some reason.

betacombat

Post by betacombat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am

hes right though, i would like to see the 'ledge-grip-lock' thing fleshed out a little. I think using a bit of ragdoll aswell somehow to make the whole dangling thing more immersive.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 pm

xzener

Overgrowth ideas

Post by xzener » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm

I've been watching overgrowth videos (and the game looks GREAT!) but I noticed the water placeholder in sea-cliff. and I thought, what about if the water isn't a place holder in the full game, what if Turner and other animals but the cat could swim? and also, a race idea (Race as in species) like Aquatic animals! they could go underwater longer and have bases and weapons and water attacks, so if there's a shark, when he's swimming you can pounce from water! I also noticed on one of my wallpapers of Overgrowth, there was lava or something coming from the bottom of the tower. which gives me an idea, how about a challenge or story level where you climb a tower? I think sharks would be the most ferocious!

xzener

Overgrowth ideas

Post by xzener » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 pm

I know the game is in alpha but... how about DLC?! like a Story Mode:2 DLC. where you know Turner, The anthropomorphic rabbit, but in Story Mode:2, what if there were TWO new story modes like, what if Turner was evil? and how about introducing a new Hero? in the two new story modes there would be a selection screen labeled "DLC" where you activate one of the two new story modes. one would be a "What If Turner Was Evil" story mode but named something cool like "The Overgrowth Of Evil" and Story mode two would be where "What If Turner's Wife survived and had to take out The Raiders and break Turner out of Jail" BUT there would be a Story choice so there's "Free Turner (from the raiders)" OR "Kill Turner (cause in "Kill Turner" he's Evil) I know its early but its just for the future.

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 am

Although that idea sounds cool it is much too early to add DLC