SO IS RECIEVER GAME OVER?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
betacombat

SO IS RECIEVER GAME OVER?

Post by betacombat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 am

I just wanted to know if i could expect anything more to happen with both the story and or engine of reciever? What engine does it run, some tweaked version of the wolfire from OG?
If not, does that mean i have to develop it meself?
Dont make me do stuff :?

SteelRaven7

Re: SO IS RECIEVER GAME OVER?

Post by SteelRaven7 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 am

Receiver runs on the Unity engine.

The developers (Aubrey rather) have expressed interest in continued development, probably mostly bug fixes but perhaps a bit of content. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon though, since all of their time currently goes to the development of Overgrowth as far as I know.

Not sure what you mean about developing it yourself though :P.

betacombat

Post by betacombat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Well i just wanted to use the combat system for a FPS deathmatch game but have no idea about modding/developing beyond modeling / level designing cause im lazy :P

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Well if you've never programmed before, creating a multiplayer game will be a huge waste of time. I suggest you try something a bunch easier first. It is possible though.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 pm

All the future development I've discussed with Aubrey and David have related to adding more content, but not new game styles, so I would expect that updates will happen infrequently, with more content.

FlyingShisno

Post by FlyingShisno » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Anton wrote:All the future development I've discussed with Aubrey and David have related to adding more content, but not new game styles, so I would expect that updates will happen infrequently, with more content.
Sweet. I'm okay with focusing development time on Overgrowth. It's just nice to hear that it will Receive some attention eventually. :D