textures arent loading when i load a level

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
powderedtoastman

textures arent loading when i load a level

Post by powderedtoastman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 pm

when i load most levels it goes through the loading sequence showing what is loaded and currently loading then i get an error message saying that it couldnt load a specific texture, i click ok and the game closes. any ideas on what the problem is?

masterPineapples

Re: textures arent loading when i load a level

Post by masterPineapples » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 pm

i got the exact same error...it would be missing a .tga file...i looked in the specified folder and found that all of those .tga files had been converted to the .dds file format...i think the game is having an error converting them back to tga. i made a copy of one of the files and pasted it back in...removing everything past the .tga ("hex_crete_boulder_c.tga_converted.dds" became "hex_crete_boulder_c.tga") it then had the loading error with a different file...i think if you did this for all the files in that particular folder it would stop. i have yet to try

tannim

Post by tannim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 pm

please only supply answers to questions about overgrowth support in the pre-order forums

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 pm

tannim wrote:please only supply answers to questions about overgrowth support in the pre-order forums
Please provide necessary links to get there. You're saying to a helpful person that he is wrong, while you should be giving an example of how to do it properly. It only takes a few minutes.

Jeff wrote:There is a box on your Humble Store download page that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/SrLyT.png

Click that, and it will expand into a larger section that has a link to wolfire.com/spf/redeem/(your key here) which will allow you to link your forum account.
That's how you get preorder access.

To fix the texture access, follow this link:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15953&start=15#p170992

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:41 pm

that link says im not authorized to view the page

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 pm

powderedtoastman wrote:that link says im not authorized to view the page
You can authorize your forum account from your humble bundle page. Like detailed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15892#p170453

Jamesican

Post by Jamesican » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

masterPineapples wrote:i got the exact same error...it would be missing a .tga file...i looked in the specified folder and found that all of those .tga files had been converted to the .dds file format...i think the game is having an error converting them back to tga. i made a copy of one of the files and pasted it back in...removing everything past the .tga ("hex_crete_boulder_c.tga_converted.dds" became "hex_crete_boulder_c.tga") it then had the loading error with a different file...i think if you did this for all the files in that particular folder it would stop. i have yet to try
Thanks, broski. You're a life saver.