overgrowth wont load the map help please!!!!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
sasacookie123

overgrowth wont load the map help please!!!!

Post by sasacookie123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:21 am

I bought the game and when i loaded it up it open but i cant play any of the maps it gave me this error

nable to generate code, no legal types for program.
Cg compiler terminated due to fatal errorWaiting for process pool tasks to complete...
logout

I am on mac osx 10.5.8

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: overgrowth wont load the map help please!!!!

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

All of the discussions with pre orderers happen in the SPF, which you can access by following the steps on your humble bundle page like in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15892#p170453

However, I can tell you that the issue you are having is a compatibility issue with 10.5.8 and Overgrowth. We think it might be related to Awesomium, which OG uses for it's UI, but I'm not sure if/when that will be fixed.

Updating to 10.6 or newer will solve that problem, or you can always contact the devs at [email protected] and they can grant a full refund if it simply won't work for you.

sasacookie123

Post by sasacookie123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

I cant get 10.6 because my cd drive is broken and i cant seem to find the disk i have to wait until i get my alienware in december but i really hope i can play the game just once

Futurebusman3

re: overgrowth wont load the map help please!!!!

Post by Futurebusman3 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:30 am

I am also having trouble, and it's always about shadows. or is it shaders? one of them doesn't have the right files, for each map! plus, i tried reinstalling, but nothing works! I am a huge fan of overgrowth, and i have had it for sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! I love this game! I really want to play it! I will send another reply with the actual error message.

Futurebusman3

Post by Futurebusman3 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:48 am

Here's my error code (This happens right before entering level):

Error(s) in envobject.frsg#SIMPLE_SHADOW#DEPTH_ONLY#NO_INSTANCE_ID
ERROR: 0:1423: 'location' : syntax error syntax error

Error number 2 (yes, there are 2):

Error(s) linking Data/GLSL/envobject.vert and Data/GLSL/envobject.frag for progr...
Attached fragment shader is not compiled

if i hit cancel, it closes everything. if i hit try again, it pops up again. if i hit continue, they both loop. please fix this! I love this game and want to play it!