Ban Appeal?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
MorganRaptor

Ban Appeal?

Post by MorganRaptor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 pm

I was banned from the irc because I kept disconnecting and reconnecting but i did not mean to. My connection is that of a Mc Donald's and i disconnect frequently with well, everything. I think the problem is with my network but my Mac computer could have something to do with it. So all in all, im just asking if i can be un-banned from the IRC because i did not mean to spam the chat with my "MorganRaptor has disconnected from IRC" and "MorganRaptor has rejoined IRC."

Sorry for any problems I have caused.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section or anything.

Endoperez

Re: Ban Appeal?

Post by Endoperez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:07 pm

That could be a temporary, automatic ban, but I don't know. Hopefully someone can help you.

slime

Post by slime » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Your constant disconnects and reconnects were spamming the channel. The ban is temporary.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

I placed the bad while you were constantly logging in and out, and was going to remove the ban in a little while. If you're no longer having that issue, I can lift it now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:22 pm

I've lifted the ban, but it looks like your connection is still misbehaving. I need you to fix it, or will place the ban again.

MorganRaptor

Post by MorganRaptor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah, seems like im just going to have to stay away from the IRC for awhile. Im currently in an apartment because my family is moving. The router they gave us was probably bought at a dollar store so...

The longest stream of connection I've had was about 30 minutes, and thats godlike. Its a wonder i can actually play xbox.

Thanks for understanding Anton,

-Morgan

:|

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah, sorry that it is happening. Obviously we want people to be in IRC as much as possible, so we would love to have you back once things are working better. Sorry that your connection is so spotty at the moment. :(

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Is it possible to give out a message with the ban? That would have helped here.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Endoperez wrote:Is it possible to give out a message with the ban? That would have helped here.

I think you can do that at the actual moment of the ban, but it won't tell you why when you try to connect again in the future. Usually when someone is having connection issues like this one, they aren't getting the messages anyway, so it's not really very useful.