How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Kijahi

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by Kijahi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:57 pm

I bought the game on Steam and have the CD key, and I made a Humble Bundle account, but whenever I go to the link it just has me resend a verification email? Please help

Post by 9023709 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

um you told a guy to use your transaction ID well i have no idea what that is where can i see it?

Bonte

Post by Bonte » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Official Response from Steam regarding the missing CD Key.

First, my message to Steam Support:
This Question's Message(s)
1 Message by you on Wed, 25th Dec 2013 8:59 pm
Greetings,

In order to register on the Overgrowth "Secret Preorder Forum" (SPF for short), I need to obtain a "CD Key" from the Steam client. Unfortunately it appears as though the instructions given are only valid for a user who is using a PC (another gentleman is not able to find it on a Mac either).

I am using the Linux client and I do not see an option to obtain a CD Key following the instructions found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I follow the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/IvxLolk.png

As you can see, there is NO option to obtain the CD Key if I follow the instructions.

Please tell me where I can find the infamous CD Key so that I can register on the SPF site and be able to collaborate in the development of this early access game.

Thank you so much!
Bonte

overgrowth_steam_linux_missing_cd_key.png - View Image (File Size : 0.5 MB)
The response from Steam:
2 Message by Support Tech Jesse on Thu, 9th Jan 2014 1:17 pm
Hello Bonte,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

No CD key is included with Steam purchases of this game.

All purchases made through Steam are registered to your Steam Account. You will not be required to install with an installation disc(s) or enter a CD Key at any point in time while using this game when purchased directly through Steam.

Games activated through Steam are registered to the Steam account, not the computer on which the game is installed.

As long as you have access to the account on which the game is registered, the game will be available for you to download, install, and play in your Library list regardless of the computer you are logged in on.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
As you can see, their response is far from helpful. Can someone from Wolfire PLEASE chime in??

Bonte

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Bonte wrote:Official Response from Steam regarding the missing CD Key.

First, my message to Steam Support:
This Question's Message(s)
1 Message by you on Wed, 25th Dec 2013 8:59 pm
Greetings,

In order to register on the Overgrowth "Secret Preorder Forum" (SPF for short), I need to obtain a "CD Key" from the Steam client. Unfortunately it appears as though the instructions given are only valid for a user who is using a PC (another gentleman is not able to find it on a Mac either).

I am using the Linux client and I do not see an option to obtain a CD Key following the instructions found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I follow the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/IvxLolk.png

As you can see, there is NO option to obtain the CD Key if I follow the instructions.

Please tell me where I can find the infamous CD Key so that I can register on the SPF site and be able to collaborate in the development of this early access game.

Thank you so much!
Bonte

overgrowth_steam_linux_missing_cd_key.png - View Image (File Size : 0.5 MB)
The response from Steam:
2 Message by Support Tech Jesse on Thu, 9th Jan 2014 1:17 pm
Hello Bonte,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

No CD key is included with Steam purchases of this game.

All purchases made through Steam are registered to your Steam Account. You will not be required to install with an installation disc(s) or enter a CD Key at any point in time while using this game when purchased directly through Steam.

Games activated through Steam are registered to the Steam account, not the computer on which the game is installed.

As long as you have access to the account on which the game is registered, the game will be available for you to download, install, and play in your Library list regardless of the computer you are logged in on.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
As you can see, their response is far from helpful. Can someone from Wolfire PLEASE chime in??

Bonte
This would be the perfect time to email [email protected]

Bonte

Post by Bonte » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Anton wrote:This would be the perfect time to email [email protected]
Email sent, I'll share the response here once I receive it. I also replied back to Steam's unhelpful response and letting them know that they are incorrect since other users are able to obtain a CD Key from their Steam client. If anything helpful comes that way, I will share it as well.

Bonte

Dredastttarm

Post by Dredastttarm » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:45 am

Bonte wrote:
Anton wrote:This would be the perfect time to email [email protected]
Email sent, I'll share the response here once I receive it. I also replied back to Steam's unhelpful response and letting them know that they are incorrect since other users are able to obtain a CD Key from their Steam client. If anything helpful comes that way, I will share it as well.

Bonte
I'm actually having the same problem now. I don't see a CD key link at the side... I guess I'll be sending a mail as well then.

DOUBLETAP

Post by DOUBLETAP » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:40 pm

THANK YOU!!! :D I got access it took my like 5 hours but I GOT IT! I got angry a few times :o but it worked

Rikorage

Post by Rikorage » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Your instructions worked perfectly for me, thank you very much!

nutz

Post by nutz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:28 pm

I don't see the link for the CD key in Steam like others have mentioned.

Jac0blee

Post by Jac0blee » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:55 am

I Pre-ordered Overgrowth on steam and when i follow the link that this post gives me it says:

"Unknown key! Sorry I could not find this key. If you have already purchased the bundle, please enter your email below to have your key resent to you."

What am i doing wrong?

dogspartan

Post by dogspartan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 pm

I can't do this because Humble Bundle says I do not have any purchases. I bought this off Steam, please help.

PanteraFan68

Post by PanteraFan68 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:18 am

Thank you Anton. I had been having trouble even to the point of sending them(developers) a threat of negative publicity. thanks again

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 am

PanteraFan68 wrote:Thank you Anton. I had been having trouble even to the point of sending them(developers) a threat of negative publicity. thanks again
. . .

thundergamer64

Post by thundergamer64 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:14 am

so I bought the game on steam because I've seen some video's and I though it looked fun. I get it and download, and it is! quite fun in fact. then I remember all of the mods there are. I'd explored all of the actual levels (which, no offence, get old somewhat quick) and I was looking for some good community made levels. I go to access the "secret Overgrowth forums", and it says to me "you do not have permission to access theses forums." or something along those lines. but before I get nervous I find some videos that the devs put up to help those having trouble. they don't work. I go to the forums and see if those have been answered. none concerning my problem have, that I see. is the steam version just gonna be shunned out of the modding community? I mean, there is such a thing as the workshop. also, can we just get a box on the website to enter our codes into? also, if I'm just being an idiot, can I get an updated tutorial for the people of steam?

thanks for reading, and I look forward to a response. after all, it's good to remind yourself of what disappointment feels like.

-Thunder

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:34 am

thundergamer64, have you followed the tutorial for Steam users in the first post in this thread?
If it didn't work, where did you have problems. If you can help others to narrow down the problem they will have an easier time helping you.
It definitely should be possible to verify your account for the SPF if you have purchased on Steam. Many people have done it before and people who have trouble usually just confuse stuff like the CD key and the preorder key. The process is not ideal, but the Secret preorder Forum is the established place for mods and from what it looks like now this will not change. And the way it is handled now is sadly the only feasible way grant Steam users access right now.