How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
dakotag12

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by dakotag12 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:14 am

I already created my account and I can freely get to the SPF but i lost the key after that and now I am unable to use the SUM Launcher. Is there any way to regain the access key?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:19 am

dakotag12 wrote:I already created my account and I can freely get to the SPF but i lost the key after that and now I am unable to use the SUM Launcher. Is there any way to regain the access key?
Use the Key Resender.
Once you have the email again, save it (it told you to save it the first time...) and bookmark or save the page it links you to. If you Have a Humble Store account, claim the page. That way it will be added to your library.

DennisOtte

Post by DennisOtte » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:07 am

is the Secret Preorder forum the place where i can get the 'sumlauncher' or something like that i forgot the name

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:32 am

DennisOtte wrote:is the Secret Preorder forum the place where i can get the 'sumlauncher' or something like that i forgot the name
Yes.

Here's the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201
Last edited by EPR89 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SacredSand

Post by SacredSand » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Well im still having trouble with the fact i have literally no way to get into my humble bundle account /email or get access to overgrowth itself which really sucks because i absolutely adore this game and have been following it for so long.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:12 pm

SacredSand wrote:Well im still having trouble with the fact i have literally no way to get into my humble bundle account /email or get access to overgrowth itself which really sucks because i absolutely adore this game and have been following it for so long.
Are you going to explain the details of your problem or should we start guessing wildly?

EDIT: Had a look at your post history. You never explained exactly why you couldn't access your email account anymore and why you couldn't log into your Humble Store account any longer.

Have you sent an email to Wolfire? They have managed to get people out of difficult situations before. In your case it seems to be pretty bleak, because you apparently somehow managed to lose access to everything related to your purchase of the game (seriously; how the hell does this work?), but you have your account here and that one is registered as a preorder account.

Send them an email.

And try to get access to your email account so that you can use the Key Resender. Contact your email provider. Email accounts don't just vanish. Either you have deleted it, or the account was only available for a limited time, or the provider has changed how he handles accounts and has deleted older ones in the process. What provider have you been using (e.g. Gmail, Arcor)? Ask them about it.

Phoenix of The Lost

Post by Phoenix of The Lost » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:04 pm

I don't mean to be mean, but I HATE humble bundle :x I don't think their humble for making it hard or near impossible to redeem things from steam after you paid $30 for a game and have to pay again to get what you want. the link doesn't work for me, the sight sucks, and I can't get my code :x :x :x :x all I want is my code, and I have the steam one. I don't think the game is fun with only vanilla and I might as well completely ignore or just give it a bad review. Unless it's fixed and I can finally have fun when I play, then I won't enjoy it or be any nicer than I am now

Phoenix of The Lost

Post by Phoenix of The Lost » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 pm

EPR89 wrote:
OvergrowthMods wrote:I got the code but when I got to the humble bundle website it says unknown key. :(
That's because you haven't read the instructions properly. You are not supposed to click on the link in the first post. You are supposed to copy it, paste it into your address bar and substitute the YOURCDKEY part with your actual CD Key.

This is really getting annoying. People have to point this out every single page. Are people illiterate, lazy or are the instructions somehow unclear? Why is no one reading at least some of the previous posts in here or uses the search function?

Sorry for that, but this is really getting on my nerves.

That helps a metric SH*T ton! thanks! :D

joey3271

Post by joey3271 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello there, around christmas time I bought overgrowth from hundle bundle and have it on my steam account, but i cannot access my CD key for using the SUMlauncher since hundlebundle says that i haven't bought the game. My account says that i haven't bought any games but i bought overgrowth :twisted: I really don't know what to do so is there anyway you can help me???

Any suggestions aswell?

Also if you need proof that i am not a bot, ask for proof and i will show you

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:29 pm

joey3271 wrote:Hello there, around christmas time I bought overgrowth from hundle bundle and have it on my steam account, but i cannot access my CD key for using the SUMlauncher since hundlebundle says that i haven't bought the game. My account says that i haven't bought any games but i bought overgrowth :twisted: I really don't know what to do so is there anyway you can help me???

Any suggestions aswell?

Also if you need proof that i am not a bot, ask for proof and i will show you
If you have bought it from the Humble Store, you don't get a CD key. The CD key is only used for transferring the game from Steam to the Humble Store. You already have your SPF. That's the one you had to use to verify your account on the forums here.

When you bought the game on the Humble Store, you should have received an email with a link to your download page. The Humble Store has a feature that let's people with an account claim these pages. The reason why you cannot find it s probably because you have not claimed the page. Find the email and open your preorder page. Make sure you are signed in and claim it.

If you don't have that email anymore, use this link.

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 am

i want to join this tread. :D

KevinD2000

Post by KevinD2000 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:56 am

This helped me a lot, i used the Steam CD key directly on here. The thing is that i cannot enter Sum Launcher. I put the Key in but it wont let me get in. It says, "Error connecting to authentication server, Unable to reach authentication page" if there is already a forum thread on this please link me to it.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:43 am

KevinD2000 wrote:This helped me a lot, i used the Steam CD key directly on here. The thing is that i cannot enter Sum Launcher. I put the Key in but it wont let me get in. It says, "Error connecting to authentication server, Unable to reach authentication page" if there is already a forum thread on this please link me to it.
You need to use your SPF Key for the SUMLauncher.

bpblewett

Post by bpblewett » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:59 pm

When I follow the link to humblebundle, "https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY" it says unknown key. I bought the game from steam and have my CD key, but I'm not getting anywhere to put it in. Has the link changed, or is something wrong with humblebundle? I would appreciate and help I can get. I'm very eager to download some mods.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 am

bpblewett wrote:When I follow the link to humblebundle, "https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY" it says unknown key. I bought the game from steam and have my CD key, but I'm not getting anywhere to put it in. Has the link changed, or is something wrong with humblebundle? I would appreciate and help I can get. I'm very eager to download some mods.
You need to replace the YOURCDKEY-part with your CD key. I have answered the exact same question on this page.
Twice.
It's getting kind of frustrating to repeat stuff when it's so obvious that maybe one person ends up reading it.