How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sombrero7

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by Sombrero7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:47 am

So with the steam version I get my CD key and go to the humble bundle link. It immediately comes up with a message saying 'unknown product' 'If you have already purchased the bundle, please enter your email below to have your key resent to you.' I put in my email and it just says I dont have any keys. What do you I do? :(

Thanks in advance.

Sombrero7

Post by Sombrero7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:52 am

ThanksToYou3 wrote:I'm not sure if this will work for you guys, and I'm not sure if someone already made a post about this, but in the unlikely case that both of these are true, here is another way to get to the pre-order forum, even when you got the game from Steam.

1. Create a humblebundle.com account, or just have yours ready if you already own one.
2. Go to steam and locate the CD code for Overgrowth (you can find the code by either looking to the right of your library while viewing Overgrowth, or by right clicking Overgrowth in your Steam library).
3. Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf, and enter the Steam CD code for Overgrowth.
This will take you to the humblebundle site, and if it works like it did for me, it will automatically show you that you have registered the game onto your humblebundle account.
4. Click the link that references the secret pre-order forum.
5. This should take you to the wolfire website, which will show you your SPF code. Copy that.
6. Scroll down and write your wolfire username into the provided bar. This might not show up if you are logged in, but I believe that it should no matter what.

Now for me, it automatically allowed me to access the forum after this, but just to be safe, I pasted and saved this code in google docs. You should do the same. If not, simple go to the necessary page, and enter your code.

Most of you probably didn't have a problem with the original directions. But on the off chance you did, I hope this helped. If not, I will end my life.
\

\this worked perfectly. much thanks!

ClockworkPie

Post by ClockworkPie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 pm

When viewing the game in my Steam library it neither displays 'CD key' on the right hand of the screen nor when I right-click Overgrowth it does not give a link to said key. Can anyone tell me what I'm not looking at rightly or what I can do as an alternative to acquire the 'CD key'?

Here is a screenshot of my steam library:
http://imgur.com/cxEpVQZ

Similarly when I right-click Overgrowth it doesn't give the option to view the 'CD Key.'

Baka No Otoko

Post by Baka No Otoko » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:42 pm

How do you do this if you bought it from steam?

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Baka No Otoko wrote:How do you do this if you bought it from steam?
The very beginning of the first post should tell you.

JeffM8

Post by JeffM8 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Atomic Turtle wrote:
Go to your Steam library and click on Overgrowth, then go to the column on the far right that has things like DLC, Community, Guides, etc and the will be a link that says CD Key. Click that and a box will pop up, then on that box click the button that says 'Copy Key to Clipboard' or something along those lines
But I don't have a CD key link! Me and Bonte have no type of key link on our Overgrowth page. I appreciate the help, but nothing seems to work at this point. :?
Does a box come up with a CD Key in the Steam in-game overlay when you press shift-tab (or whatever your key binding for it may be) after you open the game?

ClockworkPie

Post by ClockworkPie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:34 pm

JeffM8 wrote:
Atomic Turtle wrote:
Go to your Steam library and click on Overgrowth, then go to the column on the far right that has things like DLC, Community, Guides, etc and the will be a link that says CD Key. Click that and a box will pop up, then on that box click the button that says 'Copy Key to Clipboard' or something along those lines
But I don't have a CD key link! Me and Bonte have no type of key link on our Overgrowth page. I appreciate the help, but nothing seems to work at this point. :?
Does a box come up with a CD Key in the Steam in-game overlay when you press shift-tab (or whatever your key binding for it may be) after you open the game?
It does as well, but it has no link to 'CD Key.'

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Sadly, no. It does with some other games (Penumbra Overture, etc.) but not Overgrowth.

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:00 am

I just contacted Steam Support, I am currently waiting for a reply. I have heard that they will send you a key if you are desperate enough. I will post when they answer back and let you all know what happened and if I could help you guys.

ospreytoon3

Post by ospreytoon3 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Mine doesn't show up with the "click here for your forum access key" link.

justathoughtor2

Post by justathoughtor2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 pm

I purchased the game on Steam but there is no link to the CD key anywhere within Steam. Is there any way to remedy this? I am quite frustrated, as I truly wished to utilize the SUM.

SadPandahh

Post by SadPandahh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 pm

I bought the game on steam a few days ago, i love the parkour part of it but the default maps are not enough for me to have hours of fun with. ive been scavenging the internet looking for ways to download custom maps and perhaps mods but all i get is the humble bundle solution. when i go to the link it tells me to put in my email address to send me another key, and when i check it, it says there are no keys. I purchased the game on steam so i don't think there would be a key for the humble bundle site. so i don't know what to do. If i could have any help it would be very much appreciated

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 am

SadPandahh wrote:I bought the game on steam a few days ago, i love the parkour part of it but the default maps are not enough for me to have hours of fun with. ive been scavenging the internet looking for ways to download custom maps and perhaps mods but all i get is the humble bundle solution. when i go to the link it tells me to put in my email address to send me another key, and when i check it, it says there are no keys. I purchased the game on steam so i don't think there would be a key for the humble bundle site. so i don't know what to do. If i could have any help it would be very much appreciated
Have you followed the instructions in the first post?

JBAWM

Post by JBAWM » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 am

how do i download overgrowth if i didnt buy it from steam

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 am

JBAWM wrote:how do i download overgrowth if i didnt buy it from steam
You can download it from Humble Bundle (which is the link you received in your email) or you can download it in the SPF. It will be stickied near the top. Alpha 204 is here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20406