How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Anton
pretty cool guy

How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by Anton » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 am

Steam Users

For people who bought it from steam:

1.) Create a humblebundle account, and verify it.
2.) Go to Steam.
3.) Go to your library, click overgrowth, and select "CD Key" on the right side of the page.
4.) Copy the code and go to the following site:

Code: Select all

https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=PUT_YOUR_CD_KEY_HERE_WITHOUT_SPACES
For example:

Code: Select all

https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=1234567abcdef
NOTE: if your key has SPACES in it, REMOVE them from the code
5.) Click the claim page button.
6.) Copy the new code displayed
7.) Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf and put the code in.

and the official post from which I found this information. http://blog.wolfire.com/2013/12/Overgro ... w-on-Steam

There you go. Access to the SPF, and non-steam version of the game.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Non-Steam Users

If you have just purchased Overgrowth, and cannot access the Secret Preorder Forum, you need to associate your forum account with your order. If you click on the link in your email, and go to your Humble Bundle page, you will see a link at the top of the screen that looks like this:
Preorder Forum Access Key
Preorder Forum Access Key
Then click on your alpha key like this:
Access Key
Access Key
On that page, be sure to follow the directions closely. You MUST have an existing forum account before you can authorize it.

Please remember that all Overgrowth related conversations should remain in the Secret Preorder Forum.

If you have an existing Humble Bundle account, you can also get to this link by clicking the "Overgrowth Alpha" link at the bottom of your account page.

If you need your key re-sent to you, go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf and click on the big "Key Resender" link. (This will work, even if you pre-ordered before the Humble Bundle store integration.)

If you are still having issues, please email [email protected] - Including your transaction ID from your payment provider will help to locate your account.

Now with a video!
Last edited by Silverfish on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punchfalcon

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by Punchfalcon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 am

I pressed the link and it does not do anything :( I have been playing is since i got it yesterday but i just can’t get to the Secret Preorder Forum [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/user/PunchfalconGaming/featured[/YouTube] just to prove i am not a bot

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Punchfalcon wrote:I pressed the link and it does not do anything :( I have been playing is since i got it yesterday but i just can’t get to the Secret Preorder Forum [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/user/PunchfalconGaming/featured[/YouTube] just to prove i am not a bot

I've added a video that might help you go through the steps. Can you double check if that helps?

zaneams

Post by zaneams » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Whenever i put my forum name in it says "contact us" how can i fix this?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 pm

zaneams wrote:Whenever i put my forum name in it says "contact us" how can i fix this?
You can contact the dev team by emailing them at [email protected]. If you include your transaction ID (which came with your payment provider) they can help track down your order, and correctly authorize your account.

sam12314

Post by sam12314 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 pm

it doesnt show where i link the account is it already linked? i have the code but it still doesnt let me in the forums.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 pm

sam12314 wrote:it doesnt show where i link the account is it already linked? i have the code but it still doesnt let me in the forums.
Did you follow the steps in the video? Once you click on the link from your download page, you will need to enter your forum name "sam12314" (in your case) and then it will authorize you. Once your account is linked, you will see a "preorderer" tag under your name. Like mine ------>

mez.all.mighty

Post by mez.all.mighty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 am

i have the code after preodering overgrowth and i made an account on the here (obviously) but when i click on the overgrowth section in the forums, it tells me "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

what am i doing wrong??? i did every step and still cant read.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 am

mez.all.mighty wrote:i have the code after preodering overgrowth and i made an account on the here (obviously) but when i click on the overgrowth section in the forums, it tells me "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

what am i doing wrong??? i did every step and still cant read.
Are you absolutely sure about that?
Watch the video again and follow the steps Anton showed there closely.

If it still does not work after that, contact the team at [email protected] and explain your problem.

Ryron

Post by Ryron » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 am

I had the code and got to the part where you type in the name but I accidentally typed in the wrong name.. :| wht do I do

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 am

Ryron wrote:I had the code and got to the part where you type in the name but I accidentally typed in the wrong name.. :| wht do I do
You will need to email [email protected] and explain what happened. They will be able to fix the issue for you. Providing your transaction ID (the number that comes from your payment provider when you ordered) will help them locate your purchase easier.

Fafeman

Post by Fafeman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I accidentally deleted the Email and it is not in my Trash folder. I go to HumbleBundle and it says I need the Email, so I feel pretty screwed. I have the game, legit and all. I can send a video if you like. I just want the game updated again, as I want to be able to do more. I have it on my laptop, so it is a little glitchy and extremely laggy, but I DO have the game. I just don't want to rebuy it. Just in case you may believe that I got the game via Crack, I also have Reciever, which came with the game. :?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 am

Fafeman wrote:I accidentally deleted the Email and it is not in my Trash folder. I go to HumbleBundle and it says I need the Email, so I feel pretty screwed. I have the game, legit and all. I can send a video if you like. I just want the game updated again, as I want to be able to do more. I have it on my laptop, so it is a little glitchy and extremely laggy, but I DO have the game. I just don't want to rebuy it. Just in case you may believe that I got the game via Crack, I also have Reciever, which came with the game. :?
The email can be resent to you. Here's the link where you can do that:
http://www.wolfire.com/spf

bloodsplatBOOM

Post by bloodsplatBOOM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

I bought the game before I made my forum account, does that mean I will technically have to buy the game again to get the key?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:19 am

bloodsplatBOOM wrote:I bought the game before I made my forum account, does that mean I will technically have to buy the game again to get the key?
No, you get the key when you purchase no matter what. You just will need the key to authorize your forum account.