How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Dreamfox wrote:I was in a rush during this process, I was tired and and in my hurry to make an account I misread the instructions on the screen and accidentally ended up putting someone eases username in there thinking it was asking me to create a username. So now not only is my key assigned to someone elses account, but I can't access the secret preorder forum after pre-ordering either.

If there's anything you moderators/admins can to do be of assistance in rectifying this problem It'd be greatly appreciated.
You need to email [email protected] and explain what happened. You should also supply your transaction ID from your purchase provider, so they can easily locate your account. They will be able to help you resolve the issue.

kevin91119

Post by kevin91119 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 pm

I downloaded the game and charged thirty bucks but all i can access is receiver and not overgrowth :cry:

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 pm

kevin91119 wrote:I downloaded the game and charged thirty bucks but all i can access is receiver and not overgrowth :cry:
I don't really know what to tell you, but you're obviously a preorderer, so you can download the newest version of Overgrowth from here.

r4z0rblade

Post by r4z0rblade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm

OK thank you that's just what I needed.

hacker

Post by hacker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

thanks for making me part of this community. :mrgreen:

Shortstacks

Post by Shortstacks » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 am

I bought the game through steam, so can I not access the Secret Preorder Forum?

herpgurp

Post by herpgurp » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:15 am

same i purchased via steam how do i access it then?

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:17 am

Seems like the View CD Key feature's broken at the moment. I don't have a 'View CD Key' option myself at the moment, so that probably explains the above complaints ^.

@Shortstacks + herpgurp: Once it's fixed, hopefully soon, you should be able to right click Overgrowth in your Steam Library and click 'View CD Key'. Then copy the link that you should get from there into your web browser.(you might have to add the 'https://www.humblebundle.com/' prefix before the key yourself, not sure yet)
Then it should be pretty straightforward from there, until you've got OG activated on Humble Bundle. Then just follow the instructions in this thread's OP to get SPF access.

souphak

Post by souphak » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:03 am

I have linked my accounts and it says i have access under my user name but when i sign in it still says i dont have access to the forums

Bossolin

Post by Bossolin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 am

souphak wrote:I have linked my accounts and it says i have access under my user name but when i sign in it still says i dont have access to the forums
Same here

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 am

Hey Guys,

Once the CD Key issue is resolved, I'll update the main post and walk Steam purchases through accessing the SPF, as well as SUMLauncher updates.

TheGinger

Post by TheGinger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:28 am

Not to be critical of hard working devs whose game I enjoy, but whats the point of locking out your modding forums? All the excitement the first 15 minutes of playing overgrowth (after purchasing via steam early access) I had pretty much crashed upon discovering I can't get to the relevant modding forums currently. Ive spent as much time looking for a solution as I've spent playing the game. Its a very good game too. The only reason I can think of is the devs had a problem with piracy but this can't be a worthwhile solution. Mods are kind of a big part of the game's appeal since its, you know, not finished. Also. They are mods. user generated content locked by the dev? lol. >>all preorders are available for transfer to steam, so steam workshop, problem solved. // :?:

Creating one more hoop for your community to jump through to get involved in your game seems like poor planning. Even once steam access to spf is fixed, how many people are going to come here and register, get annoyed that they dont have access, find a forum, link their accounts, etc, just to look at a modding forum.

anyways, love your game. solid and original take on the genre.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:00 am

TheGinger wrote:Not to be critical of hard working devs whose game I enjoy, but whats the point of locking out your modding forums? All the excitement the first 15 minutes of playing overgrowth (after purchasing via steam early access) I had pretty much crashed upon discovering I can't get to the relevant modding forums currently. Ive spent as much time looking for a solution as I've spent playing the game. Its a very good game too. The only reason I can think of is the devs had a problem with piracy but this can't be a worthwhile solution. Mods are kind of a big part of the game's appeal since its, you know, not finished. Also. They are mods. user generated content locked by the dev? lol. >>all preorders are available for transfer to steam, so steam workshop, problem solved. // :?:

Creating one more hoop for your community to jump through to get involved in your game seems like poor planning. Even once steam access to spf is fixed, how many people are going to come here and register, get annoyed that they dont have access, find a forum, link their accounts, etc, just to look at a modding forum.

anyways, love your game. solid and original take on the genre.
You assume that everyone wants to use Steam though. I personally don't like it, so should I be forced to use Steam to access community content? How is that any better?

The devs don't actually force people to put the user content in the SPF, but the community has chosen to post it there, to try and keep the mods for people who have helped support the game.

I understand the frustration of not having access to the modding section though, and I'm hoping Steam resolves their issues soon, so that we can get access for everyone. As part of the development team for SUMLauncher (which is "the main" way people install mods currently), I can tell you we've been trying to figure out the best way to make modding available to Steam and stand-alone versions of the game. We're already compatible with Steam versions, but need that CD key to make our program work. Once we've resolved that, I think it could be a pretty simple thing to get it working in Steam Workshop…

TheGinger

Post by TheGinger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:13 am

Well, like I said, love the game and I know its alot of hard work to develop (and do it well, lol), so THANKS!

ikketobias

Post by ikketobias » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:09 pm

I only found out after purchasing it on steam that I couldt't access the SUMLauncher, so was kind of bummed out and now wish I had bought it of the original website, probably should have done some reading about it before I just went and bought it I guess.. oh well, will just have to wait until it has been worked out. :D
Love the game anyways!