Facepalm.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Bluntbows

Facepalm.

Post by Bluntbows » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:16 am

I haven't paid much attention to this game since buying it a while back, but lately i've been wanting to join back in.
The problem is a forgot the username and password to my premium account.
Is there any possible way my IP could be checked for a premium account on it?

last

Re: Facepalm.

Post by last » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 am

You can try and search your user name from here

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 am

Unless you're using a specific IP, your IP could have changed.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:44 pm

IP addresses are not a secure method of authentication.

First I would try what Last suggested. Find your username in the database and then use the password re-sender which requires your email and username.

If you cannot locate your username at all then you will need to email [email protected].

The email should include the following:
  1. Say that you no longer remember the username or password for your account.
  2. Tell them the email address that was associated with the account (if different from the one you are currently using. If possible you should be emailing from this address)
  3. Include the transaction ID for the Overgrowth Purchase which you linked to your forum account.
    • The transaction ID is a 13-digit code that starts with an X and was included in the receipt email from the payment processor chosen during purchase, which you should have received after purchasing the game (if someone else purchased it for you then they got this email).
    • If you no longer have that email you will need to log into the site of the payment processor that was used to make the purchase (amazon, google checkout or paypal) and go back in the transaction history there to find the entry for the overgrowth purchase. That will also include the transaction ID.
    • This transaction ID is a key part that helps authenticate you in the system, since it links directly to your account.