Overgrowth wont start

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Turner_rabbot

Overgrowth wont start

Post by Turner_rabbot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

When I start Overgrowth it just comes up with "The application Overgrowth quit unexpectedly." The OS I'm using is: Mac leopard. Anyone know what I can do?

droog

Re: Overgrowth wont start

Post by droog » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi,
the best bet is to post your error in the preorder forum after you connected your forum account with your preorder key. :) I'm sure there you will find help.

viewforum.php?f=13

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 pm

droog wrote:Hi,
the best bet is to post your error in the preorder forum after you connected your forum account with your preorder key. :) I'm sure there you will find help.

viewforum.php?f=13
to get access to the SPF you need to do this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Overgrowth doesn't work on Mac OS Leopard. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to get it working on Leopard, which leaves you two options. You can update to Snow Leopard, which fixes the problem but costs a bit of money, or you can ask Wolfire for a refund.

mycatiscool12

Post by mycatiscool12 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Help my cat model will load in then crash my game ive tried running admin and all that no works still

Turner_rabbot

Post by Turner_rabbot » Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 am

Ok, thanks for answers I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon. Will I be able to get Overgrowth on my new one without repaying?

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Turner_rabbot wrote:Ok, thanks for answers I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon. Will I be able to get Overgrowth on my new one without repaying?
Yep, you will be able to use your same key. :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Turner_rabbot wrote:Ok, thanks for answers I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon. Will I be able to get Overgrowth on my new one without repaying?
You probably already know this, but at least some Macs can be upgraded to Snow Leopard for a small cost.

And yeah, you can redownload the game for other computers. In fact, even if you get a Windows (or Linux) PC, you can also download those versions too.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon May 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Endoperez wrote:
You probably already know this, but at least some Macs can be upgraded to Snow Leopard for a small cost.

And yeah, you can redownload the game for other computers. In fact, even if you get a Windows (or Linux) PC, you can also download those versions too.
Hooray for DRM free! :mrgreen:

Turner_rabbot

Post by Turner_rabbot » Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 am

Endoperez wrote:Overgrowth doesn't work on Mac OS Leopard. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to get it working on Leopard, which leaves you two options. You can update to Snow Leopard, which fixes the problem but costs a bit of money, or you can ask Wolfire for a refund.
A shame, but it would be nice if that was mentioned on the System requirements section.