Pre-ordering Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
eBunny

Pre-ordering Overgrowth

Post by eBunny » Mon May 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to get Overgrowth for quite a while now, but I never really had the money or got around to it. However I recently did have the money and wanted to pre-order the game, but I noticed I needed a credit card to do so, which I sadly don't have.
I tried to transfer money from my bank to my PayPal account, among other things, but it didn't work out.

So I was hoping if someone here could perhaps purchase the game for me after I give you the money. I am even willing to make a bitcoin account and use that and if you want I can pay 20% more.

A different way to get the game would also be welcome! ^^

Thanks a lot!

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Re: Pre-ordering Overgrowth

Post by Jaz » Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

You could find someone irl that will accept cash in return for paying for the game for you.

You wouldn't technically own the game legally but I'm sure Wolfire will give you a break as long as you actually bought the game :P

Tell your friend to use your email when buying the game and then after he/she's filled in payment details, the further steps should be the same as if you had bought the game yourself.

Alternatively, you could see if you can get a debit card. I assume you're under 18? Well, if you're over 13, you should be allowed to have a debit card, at least in the UK.
A debit card can be used in the same way as a credit card.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm

You can just buy a 30 dollar or so gift card looks something like this: Image then you have a card to use to buy it, that is what I did a long time ago.

eBunny

Post by eBunny » Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick responses guys! I really appreciate it.
I'm 16 years old and I'll probably look into getting a debit/gift/visa card, since I don't think anyone I know would be willing to buy the game for me.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

The game can be preordered as a gift.
So, basically anyone could buy it for you. Even someone you know personally. If I were you I'd definitely prefer that to giving someone you don't really know your money over the internet and hoping that he will keep his side of the deal.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon May 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Yeah your two best bets are to buy yourself a gift card and buy the game that way, or ask someone you know personally to gift it to you.