Multiplayer Mode

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Walfuz

Multiplayer Mode

Post by Walfuz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 pm

I can't wait for multi-player mode! Here are a few suggestions to the devs.

Multiplayer Arena

This is basically the same thing as the current arena, but instead of AI opponents you have other players.

Open World MMO

This could be very interesting, kind of like gta multiplayer, and with a mix of WoW. Very ambitious though it could be fun with tons of players.

Please submit your ideas I'd love to hear them!

Walfuz

Re: Multiplayer Mode

Post by Walfuz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm

EDIT:

A fun arcade mode might be to build a boat, and then be cast out to sea, facing enormous waves, storms, and... Whaleman!

Toonarmy

Post by Toonarmy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 pm

I just hope they work on and put as much content into the arena mode as possible because i have wanted a good arena fighting game with the physics that this game has for ever so im praying they put in a ton of arenas for us to play in i hope they also put in gear and equipment you can gain from winning enough matches and some sort of feature from gaining tons of fans that can help you. Would also love to see rare events/matches in arenas like boss battles etc and would love it if they added a random generator for the arena mode so its always different. I just want them to add as much content as possible to the arena mode :D although im looking forward to the other modes and that but arena mode looks soo good :D

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 pm

There might not be online multiplayer for Overgrowth. You can play VS with your friends if they're at your place, but you need a game controller.

Overgrowth can't be MMO. A game using similar things might become an MMO game at some point, but the technology OG has been built with doesn't allow it to become MMO. It might not even allow for it to have 1v1 online multiplayer.

If there is any sort of online multiplayer, co-op is slightly more likely than VS.

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 pm

It would be extremely nice if David or someone could comment as to how likely pvp online multiplayer actually is.

We've been guessing blindly for several years now and it's the one question that determines if I will play this game or not. I think I'm not alone. Just one sentence on whether they think it will happen or not, or even just saying it's uncertain would help.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Ylvali wrote:It would be extremely nice if David or someone could comment as to how likely pvp online multiplayer actually is.

We've been guessing blindly for several years now and it's the one question that determines if I will play this game or not. I think I'm not alone. Just one sentence on whether they think it will happen or not, or even just saying it's uncertain would help.
I honestly don't think there will be online multiplayer, as you might have seen with the few game jams when David did desperate god and low light combat, that his netcoding skills are pretty poor(sorry David), so i'm sure he can't do it alone without it taking a very long time for him to learn. He could hire someone to do it for him though. I honestly think all that we will have is local multiplayer that we have now but a lot more polished.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Walfuz wrote:I can't wait for multi-player mode! Here are a few suggestions to the devs.

Multiplayer Arena

This is basically the same thing as the current arena, but instead of AI opponents you have other players.

Open World MMO

This could be very interesting, kind of like gta multiplayer, and with a mix of WoW. Very ambitious though it could be fun with tons of players.

Please submit your ideas I'd love to hear them!
You're talking about Receiver, right? Oh, no. You mean Black Shades? OHHHHH I GET IT! You're talking about Lugaru.
No? Oh. Maybe if this was in the right place I would know what you're talking about.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 pm

i'm pretty sure it's in the right place.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:52 pm

underthedeep wrote:i'm pretty sure it's in the right place.
No, this should be in the Overgrowth forum.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:44 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:
"Wolfire
Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products"

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 pm

akazi wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
"Wolfire
Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products"

That sounds like it means things outside the game. Ideas for the game should go in that game's forum.

Timbabwe

Post by Timbabwe » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 am

AmorphousGamer wrote: That sounds like it means things outside the game. Ideas for the game should go in that game's forum.
Most non-technical questions could go outside the SPF, as it may be something that a non-pre orderer wanted to know in order to make a decision on buying the game (and doesn't help pirates with tech support). Multiplayer is definitely one of those things.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Also what if i wanted to talk about it but didn't have a pre-order tag?

what then sir?

WHAT THEN?!?!!?

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:56 pm

this thread got derailed hard. :?

Synapse

Post by Synapse » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 pm

I know online multiplayer is kinda out of the question, but I think some kind of LAN mode would be doable. There'd be a lot less lag to worry about, and it would mean that less players would be onscreen at a time.