Ideas for game.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
jimeng

Ideas for game.

Post by jimeng » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Well first of I think this game is very different from others. Hell the fighting mechanics are just great. Here is some ideas that could make it better.

1. Combos- Combos can be used by using different attack to give devastating blows to your enemy. Now I do understand the the fighting controls to do different moves depends on how much you move the mouse and so on and so forth. But still it would be cool to see.

2. Finishers- Say that the enemy is becoming weak and just about to die. You could use a finisher to just demolish him. Also saves time while taking on multiple foes.

3.Grabbing and throwing enemies- Who wouldn't wan't to throw the enemy of a cliff?

4. Bow and arrows- Yeah this is a big ask but how I think the bow and arrows would work will be that they can hit at long range yet don't do much damage the farther you are. Kinda like the hunger games if you think about it.

5. New characters with traits- I think I have seen this question before but let me talk about it. Let's take a animal such as the wolf in the game. He can't use weapons and can't jump high but he game just one hit his opponent. Rabbits can stay the same. Also I would like to see characters such as a fox, bear, jackalope, and some others.

6. ONLINE MULTIPLAYER- I mean who wouldn't want this. It would be so fun to play online with friends. With a game like this no one can pass this opportunity.

Well those are my ideas. I would like you guys to rate them. Tell me how these ideas can be approved on and maybe changed. Thank you for your time. :mrgreen:

Endoperez

Re: Ideas for game.

Post by Endoperez » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:23 pm

3. When you sneak upon an enemy that hasn't noticed you, you can grab his neck. It would be interesting to see that mechanic expanded, so that you can grab hurt or unconscious opponents. Also, kicking enemies that are on the ground, unconscious, would let you drop them off of cliffs.

That's very small stuff though, very low-priority.

4. Please search for it.
If you can shoot an arrow into each enemy and weaken them, that means they take one or two attacks less to kill in melee. That means using a bow makes the battles easier - shoot arrows, drop bow, grab weapon, kill weakened enemy. Is this more interesting than just fighting them fairly?

5. The game has wolves. Search the blog for more details on the races. Wolves don't use weapons. Wolves one-hit rabbits. The developers are also planning to implement dogs, cats and rats. Cats have been shown using rapiers, dogs have a honor-bound samurai clan thing going on, they wear lots of armor and equipment and have metal weapons. We don't know much about rats, but they have some wicked throwing knives.

6. There is no online multiplayer. We don't know if there will be. There already is hotseat, split-screen multiplayer, so just invite your friends over! You will need at least one game controller, though, playing with two keyboards and two mice isn't feasible.

foxal

Post by foxal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Well i would like to see flying animals such as bats,robins,eagles,hawks,owls,flying squirels anything of the sort

1.they would be able to glide for a decent amount of time
2.Haveing moves that tie in with the glide of the flying animal.
I hope to see theses in the game at one point

Also may i add that a coop multiplayer would be fun alot of people want it and we should give it to them.

There should also be more range oriented weapons such as
1.bow and arrow
2.Throwing knifes (come in 3's or 5's something like that)
3.Blow Dart gun

I think will add more of a steath aspect to the game.

Thank you Wolf Fire for a great game

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 pm

There is a mod that adds flying. Not sure if it works with the latest version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYKEf6Og8uY

last

Post by last » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:48 pm

This works with alpha 201, but it is included into my blood mod and no death mod, same goes with the mod mod stuff.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:47 pm

jimeng wrote: 3.Grabbing and throwing enemies- Who wouldn't wan't to throw the enemy of a cliff?
:mrgreen:
Maybe If you grab an unsuspecting enemy, instead of just being able to choke him or slit his throat, maybe if you crouch, move the movement keys in the direction you want to throw him, and click at the same time it can trigger you to throw the enemy in the direction you were moving in :D and it would be similar to the counter throw but depending on how long you hold the click will be how far you toss him (within reasonable limits of course)

Mr Bigears

Post by Mr Bigears » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:06 am

I think it would be pretty cool if there was a neck snap move so you don't have to have a weapon to stealthily kill someone...

Also, I think it would be nice for the breathing mechanic could have some more uses like:

1. After a while, if you haven't properly killed an enemy, the enemy will eventually get up and tell other enemies about what happened (If they don't know already) or (If there are any to tell)

2. Breathing sounds (faint ones) would be nice so you have another way to tell if your enemy has been killed

Story:
I have played Lugaru before and I think that when the full game campaign starts, the game should briefly tell you about what previously happened...

jackmann17

Post by jackmann17 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:45 am

Racing games occupy more of a niche market, like hardcore simulators. You're not going to make bank that way. But if you got the controls right first, then put gamers in the role of a hardcore outlaw in a GTA/Saints Row/Just Cause-style open world -- sort of like The Lost and Damned tried to do -- you would have all of the money from every motorcycle rider for the accurate controls, in addition to all the money of every gamer who just wants to ramp that fire escape without twitch-steering into a dump truck at the last second

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 am

Bow and arrow mod - done

Multiplayer mod - done

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm

1 and 2: this is what makes the game unique! there aren't any and there aren't any needed tbh imo.
3 if you stand near a cliff and you counter the enemies' attack at the right moment you judo throw them off the cliff. sounds like you want WWE stuff XD
4: done but i can't find the link to it anymore...
5: in the works
6: https://github.com/ogmp

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:06 am

You guys realize this was a post from 2013 right?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:10 am

yup, but i had to conclude some parts

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Dammasta wrote:You guys realize this was a post from 2013 right?
Doesn't matter.
If someone has something valid to add, bumping is much better than creating a completely new topic.

Zoika1226

Post by Zoika1226 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:06 am

I was thinking maybe adding different stances for your character in arena, and being able to pick your fighting style in the arena you know like maybe you wanna be a brawler which means you use your fists more and be a tad faster but not able to counter as fast as maybe a kickboxer variation :3 and also maybe having a custom character which is kinda what they seem to do in a225 but you can only be the slave and also doesnt have any effect on your gameplay yet which i hope later on they add one of these and maybe like a whole character creation for the slave, warrior, and i forgot the 3rd one :3

Qzurr

Post by Qzurr » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:03 am

Hi guys!!!!

I was wondering if the game will have some *human* characters, models in the future? Human vs. Beast was always a great theme!!!!!