Controller Help // Mac OSX </3

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
DEVINSHAPPY

Controller Help // Mac OSX </3

Post by DEVINSHAPPY » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Look I know there are already a couple threads on the forum about this already. But they're all specific support threads and I just need to get started.

I bought the game on Steam not too long ago, so there isn't a CD Key available to register my game on Wolfire sooo no secret access for me.

Can anyone help me configure my Xbox 360 controller to the game? My coding/ programming skills are VERY LIMITED so I'm not gonna get all this savvy stuff that people keep posting.

I know you have to edit a config.txt or something but I don't know what to even put in it. There's a tut for Mac but again, I don't have permissions because I bought off Steam.

Please don't reply just to rant on this thread about how I'm ignorant, I spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out myself and I'm honestly stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Controller Help // Mac OSX </3

Post by Anton » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Unfortunately, in the current build, controllers don't work on Mac OS. Something about them makes it crash.

But, while you wait, Steam users can now access the SPF, and here are directions how: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Once inside, I recommend using SUMLauncher to change the settings, but if you want to do it manually, here are directions: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... figuration
Unfortunately, every controller can be a little different, and so the exact button combinations were harder to figure out. I did make a cheat sheet that works for "most" mac users here (You will need SPF access to see it though, sorry): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12631
Once Controller support is back in the game, that sheet *should* still work.

DEVINSHAPPY

Post by DEVINSHAPPY » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 am

wowow thank yooou!:)

DEVINSHAPPY

Post by DEVINSHAPPY » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Anton wrote:Unfortunately, in the current build, controllers don't work on Mac OS. Something about them makes it crash.

But, while you wait, Steam users can now access the SPF, and here are directions how: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Once inside, I recommend using SUMLauncher to change the settings, but if you want to do it manually, here are directions: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... figuration
Unfortunately, every controller can be a little different, and so the exact button combinations were harder to figure out. I did make a cheat sheet that works for "most" mac users here (You will need SPF access to see it though, sorry): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12631
Once Controller support is back in the game, that sheet *should* still work.
When I try to access the CD Key on Steam, there isn't an option </3

I have a Humble Bundle account set up already, I just can't find the Key anywhere x_x