How to use my Steam CD Key to get into the Secret Forum!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Oushi

How to use my Steam CD Key to get into the Secret Forum!

Post by Oushi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Hey!!

Dunno where else to post, I think this is the right place :S Please 'kindly' re-direct me if necessary :P

I just bought Overgrowth a couple days ago and, my God, it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I really didn't expect it to be so good. I always wanted to get it, so the instant it popped up on Steam, I leaped onto it, like... like a rabbit!!

Anyway, after my hours of playing it and having a good ole time I decided to try some community made mods/maps etc. I soon discovered that I need to get onto some 'secret' forum. However I can't get onto it without some kind of code. I've put in my Steam CD Key I got when I purchased it from Steam, but it says it is not in its database. I've heard that I need a code from the Humble Bundle website? So what I did was create an account on that, merged it with my Steam account!... Yet I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this code.

I understand why this forum exists, to avoid it being used by pirates, and I think it's genius! So if anyone could tell me how and what I need to do to get the code I need to get into the forum, whether I need to put my Steam CD Key into something, and start enjoying the game even more and for even more hours :D

My Steam name at the moment is 'Oushi'. You can check me out to see that I do indeed own Overgrowth, and have spent several hours on it, and if you want, you can add me and maybe help me over Steam's chat, it'll be much appreciated :)

Thanks for any help given!!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: How to use my Steam CD Key to get into the Secret Forum!

Post by Anton » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 pm

There this thread that gives you directions to log in: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

It should help you get logged in.

spit spat

Post by spit spat » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:28 pm

I have the same problem, but sadly, the link doesn't help me Anton.
<:'(

spit spat

Post by spit spat » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 pm

I bought the game on steam too, and I looked at the thread Anton posted, but it doesn't help. I have the Overgrowth CD Code though...

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:10 am

Welcome to the forums Oushi, nice to see that you like the game... A lot! :) hopefully you get this worked out soon.

Oushi

Post by Oushi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks for the replys :P

I've been on the https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY link a hundred times and it just keeps saying Unknown Product :/ I put in my email that is on my Humble Bundle and Steam account (which are linked) but it does not give me a key for Overgrowth D:

This is really confusing xD

Oushi

Post by Oushi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 am

Hey guys, just a quick update!

Even though I just posted saying I was having issues, all of the sudden I managed to get it to work xD I really wish I could tell you how I did it because I know other are having issues and I wanna help but... I haven't a clue how I managed to get it to work!! :S

I simply kept going to http://www.wolfire.com/spf and put in my 'Steam CD Forum Key' code you get from right clicking the game in your library and clicking 'View CD Key' a bunch of times...

I tried a few combinations before though...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (lower case / no dashes)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (upper case / no dashes)
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (lower case / with dashes)
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (upper case / with dashes)**

**The last one worked somehow, even thought I swear I put it in before, maybe it just needed time to get it onto the database? :/ So if you are having trouble I just suggest you keep trying and you may have to be putting it in exactly how the key is given to you, in upper case and with dashes.

Wish I could be of more help to those still struggling to get on... xD Sorreh!

Thanks for your help anyways guys :)

spit spat

Post by spit spat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Oushi wrote:Thanks for the replys :P

I've been on the https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY link a hundred times and it just keeps saying Unknown Product :/ I put in my email that is on my Humble Bundle and Steam account (which are linked) but it does not give me a key for Overgrowth D:

This is really confusing xD
I found the answer!
Firstly, you will feel pretty dumb after this lol. I know I did. You know where it says:
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY ?
^^At the end of the url, it says key=YOURCDKEY. You need to replace the "YOURCDKEY" in the url to the key you got on steam.
I feel stupid, but it worked for me!