JW if you could...

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ShadowX

JW if you could...

Post by ShadowX » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:40 am

Hey, It's me again the obnoxious lugaru tester wannabe :) but I was just going to ask if someone would carbonize GLfighters.

Thanks if anyone will.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:52 pm

I don't think there are any people on this forum aside from david and rgovostes who have much coding experience, but you should speak to david about this. GL Fighters was in the uDevGames contest so I believe its open source, ask some friends if any of them know about programming OS X.

DudetheCreator

where?

Post by DudetheCreator » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:36 am

Where can i get the glfighters source code? Can i get the Blackshades source too?

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Re: where?

Post by Viking Zippy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:06 pm

DudetheCreator wrote:Where can i get the glfighters source code? Can i get the Blackshades source too?
You keep mentioning source code, but you've never really spoken about your coding ... just wondering, but why would you want source code if you haven't even coded your own programs?

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:37 am

viking zippy: let the man dream....its all fun and games till he crashes his os and causes his processor to over heat causing the motherboard to crack enabling him useless to use his firewire ports. HAHA says the dude standing behind him....right before he gets hit with a bat...

If you can make a movie out of what i just said...feel free to give me the .mov file when you are completed.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 pm

Razor7 wrote:viking zippy: let the man dream....its all fun and games till he crashes his os and causes his processor to over heat causing the motherboard to crack enabling him useless to use his firewire ports. HAHA says the dude standing behind him....right before he gets hit with a bat...

If you can make a movie out of what i just said...feel free to give me the .mov file when you are completed.
Yeah, something almost similar happened to me: not only did I create over 400 3D models when I was 13-14 in 2001-2002 that never got used in anything useful, but I've had well over 360 Photoshop projects dating back to 2001.

Hell, when I first got my iBook (circa January 2000), it dawned on me that it was my own computer and I could do just about anything with it as long as I didn't damage it physically. So, experimenting and knowing full well what could happen, I busted out ResEdit and explored the System Folder. Needless to say, I ended up reinstalling 9.0.4 a day later.

Every single one of us (at least, I hope), was once of the age when we dreamed of making a full-blown program with high-resolution graphics, fluid animations, and flawless coding. Hell, some even have ...

All in good fun though, live and learn.