Receiver Key from Steam Overgrowth Preorder?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Whiland

Receiver Key from Steam Overgrowth Preorder?

Post by Whiland » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:42 am

I know that pre-ordering Overgrowth on the Humble Store and possibly the Wolfire widget will get you free keys to Receiver and Low Light Combat, but do I get them if I've pre-ordered through Steam?
At the time I've pre-ordered, Overgrowth is on sale for $24.99, and I've noticed that the widget on Wolfire doesn't mention the other two games like it has previously, but the Humble Store still does.

I've been able to link my Steam Overgrowth key to my Humble Bundle account with no problems, but I have no clue if I'm even eligible for the other games' keys the way I've purchased the game. I know I can get the games through the SPF, so I won't be too upset over not getting the keys, but I'd rather be able to be able to link them (the ones that can, anyway) to Steam for automatic updates.

Could someone please tell me if I can get the keys still, and how to do it if it's possible?

TL;DR: pre-ordered Overgrowth on Steam, not sure if out of luck on Receiver/Low Light Combat keys.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Receiver Key from Steam Overgrowth Preorder?

Post by Anton » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:41 pm

By pre-ordering Overgrowth, you can download the DRM-free versions from the forums for sure, in the SPF. I'm not sure if you get Steam keys for Receiver though. You should check in your Humble Bundle page for those two games. You can even go to the Overgrowth Pre-order section at the bottom of the main page, and it will show you all three games when you click on it, if you have them.

Whiland

Post by Whiland » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:37 am

Well, I guess I haven't gotten a Steam Receiver key since it isn't in the library or the widget purchase section. Oh well, at least I have the opportunity to play the DRM free version of it. Thanks for the help!

lawslop

Post by lawslop » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 pm

why do you want the keys for those two games tho, can you redeem anything from it?
Last edited by lawslop on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cowman36

Post by cowman36 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I have gotten my key for receiver but not for lowlight combat :(

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:16 pm

cowman36 wrote:I have gotten my key for receiver but not for lowlight combat :(
LLC isn't on Steam, only Receiver. So you can't get a Steam key for it.