Anything new? whats going on?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Razor7

Anything new? whats going on?

Post by Razor7 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:52 pm

I have been following the progress on Lugaru for the last....8 months. During that time i became a member so i could post my ideas on everything from black shades to lugaru.

As of right now i am seeing that nothing has changed at all in the last 8 months. The udev game contest is up, but nothing from Wolfire software (or maybe i need to check again). I am dissappointed in the forums, there are forums started in January of this year.

How far do you think we have gone people? David hasnt been working on SOS because of Lugaru and another game that should be in the udev games contest. Frankly, i dont see any movement in this fine establishment of gaming and software company.

I know that seems uncalled for, and I'm sorry if i offended anybody by this, but i want to know what is going on? there used to be new topics every day, new people coming in, david posting telling us the progress on Lugaru. I now see almost nothing from david, no new posts, etc. It is getting annoying being as how i am waiting for such a great looking game (Lugaru) and i know that it will be completed as soon as possible, and i know that you all are going to lengths to add things that we never imagined, but could we get an understanding of how long we need to wait? I believe hearing that Lugaru would be out before the end of the year, and that is only a month off. How is it coming david?

#HM#Razor7

rkn

Post by rkn » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:49 pm

Please keep in mind that David is currently a freshman in college. So he has to juggle this schoolwork (which probably takes up a big portion), social life, anime, sleep, AND programming Lugaru.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:01 pm

I give him props for what he has done, but i still havent seen any leaps and bounds. If he needs help programming it im sure he could find someone that is good at programming to help out. Especially being a Freshmen in college. I know that there will be another programming wizard on campus for him to turn to.

I work at Apple Computers, go to school, and take drum lessons and still find time to do everything else. Among friends i also need TV, video games, going to dances, filming movies, and finding out everything there is to know about different products released by Apple Computers.

I think that if i can juggle that, then David can get some work done on Lugaru, given it wont be as fast, but 8 months? something should have happened by now

#HM#Razor7

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:27 pm

You're right, I'm not working on Lugaru nearly as much as I could; I work on it something like a couple hours a week at this point. However, I am still on track for a release before the end of the year, and also have several other projects I am working on that I haven't posted here yet.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:44 pm

I blame his girlfriend.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:30 pm

oh.... a girlfriend is it?

sweet deal dude! a chick and video games!!

I know that life is hard and its hard to sit down and code, and its fine.. a couple hours a week isnt to bad.

I sitll would like to see this game, and im just getting impatient.

I figured that you were working on other games as well, but doesnt Lugaru have priority over those? If you started lugaru to begin with, then why not finish it? The other games can wait, atleast until lugaru is done.

#HM#Razor7

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:35 pm

I wana see the other games he's working on. And is SOS trashed?

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:34 pm

as far as i know its been put off indefinately until other projects are fully created or finished.

Sorry.

#HM#Razor7

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:11 pm

I can help him port it to cocoa for a windowed version...

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:01 pm

I'll believe that when I see it.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:18 pm

Doing any porting now would make us wait even more for a final product. Even though I'm sure that it will be ported I also highly doubt that you could do it and have it done any time soon. Porting takes a while, and im sure that Lugaru would take forever to port.

David, what's the news on Project Hero? It was never entered into the Udev games contest. :cry: I was looking forward to seeing what that is all about.

#HM#Razor7

BeefNoBroccoli

Post by BeefNoBroccoli » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:01 am

dude. many of u may not recognize me on the forums
david i hope u remember who this is :wink:
last summer at stanford david worked on lugaru and some other bits nonstop, i had made a point of being VERY up-to-date
around that point, lugaru made leaps and bounds in a very short period of time. i'm not sure exactly what lugaru is up to now, but if it had kept going at the rate it was it would've been released around 6 months ago.
david u cant start stuff and then just kinda let it wander!! work!! gogogoogog
i'll talk to u later and catch up :shock:
-
Jordan

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:22 pm

I think Nayr meant he would port SOS to cocoa, not sure though.
Lugaru wouldn't take longer to port than any other game, there is already a Windows port.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:22 pm

Yeah, i reread it and realized that he was talking about SOS, but i was to lazy to change it.

The SOS beta that i have is written in cocoa. Not much to port! :lol:

SOS only has 3 playable maps. The only way to switch maps is to use the terminal. In other words, if you wanted to port it, it would be totally pointless.

Maybe when SOS is finally released?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:20 pm

It wouldn't be pointless to port it, you would just have to make more maps.