Overgrowth Overdownload Wait Time

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sanocon

Overgrowth Overdownload Wait Time

Post by Sanocon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

So I haven't been playing Overgrowth for a while due to my Linux OS not installing it at all,(I'm not giving the name of the distrubution since I don't want to seem like I'm giving it a bad name/accidentaly start a flame war.) So I switched to another Linux OS which I know it works since I played Overgrowth on the distrubution.

So I go to the site and being ultra exsited/impatiant, i was an idiot and was starting/stopping the download to get a better connection.(My Internet isn't the best at download rates.) This was the point where i got the message that the download link didn't work. aka "You downloaded Overgrowth too often this week."

I emailed Wolfire yesterday and nothing's changed yet so I'm just waiting it out. But how long? The message is implying that it will be a week, but SUMLauncher says "Wait 24 hours" which i did, same result.

last

Re: Overgrowth Overdownload Wait Time

Post by last » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:33 pm

What about Steam? You should have a Steam key in your Humble bundle site that you can use in steam to install Overgrowth.
Also there is a oficial .torrent file in the Alpha topic, have you tried it?

Sanocon

Post by Sanocon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:41 pm

I don't have steam installed, but like I said my internet is not the best right now, and I can't get the torrent to work. It dosnt even start downloading

Update: Ok it's been 36 hours, still no responce. is there a way to get my Overgrowth key back online besides waiting?
+

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:43 am

There's also the Torrent option, there shouldn't be any download limits for that. The torrent can be found on the same thread as the direct download.

Also, be sure to report the Linux distro that didn't work somewhere. The devs might be able to fix that if they know to look into it, and if you send it as a bug report directly to them, no one else will know to complain.

Sanocon

Post by Sanocon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 am

I actually got a responce from wolfire and got it fixed. And as for the old distrubution I had, the problom is more on the distrubution side, it's more built for maintaining servers rather than gaming. Plus it wouldn't work out with that distrubution since I have nvidia optimus technology (I couldn't install the nvidia drivers along side the nvidia optimus drivers which ironicly is required to bring the graphics card to its full potential. The os I have now installs both drivers and my graphics capabilities practacly doubled.)

Now to close this thread. So it seems like they give the link a week of downtime if you download too many times, unless you contact wolfire then it can be solved within a day or 2.