Multiplayer

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Post Reply
Vault_boy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Multiplayer

Post by Vault_boy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello! I am a huge fan of overgrowth and want to play multiplayer with my little brother. I Connected a ps3 controller but it controls player 1 as does the keyboard. I have spent many hours trying to get this to work but it has not worked at all!(BTW IM ON MAC)

User avatar
EPR89
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: Multiplayer

Post by EPR89 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Is there a second playable character in the level?

Vault_boy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Vault_boy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 am

EPR89 wrote:Is there a second playable character in the level?
Yes there is. (i am not sure if this will show up as me. it won't let me log in lol :lol: )

User avatar
last
Posts: 2154
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:02 am
Location: Estonia

Re: Multiplayer

Post by last » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Please register your account as a preorderer. here is a guide how to
Edit: some spelling mistakes :D
Last edited by last on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Endoperez
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Endoperez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm

last wrote:Please register your account as a preorderer. here is a guid how to
GUID? Oh man, I've been hanging around programmers too much. This is the first thing that popped to my mind.

Code: Select all

Parameter "out" output
	{
		GUID = "{6C1DD551-07A0-4E16-89EE-5A582BA27606}";
		Type = color;
	}

Vault_boy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Vault_boy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Endoperez wrote:
last wrote:Please register your account as a preorderer. here is a guid how to
GUID? Oh man, I've been hanging around programmers too much. This is the first thing that popped to my mind.

Code: Select all

Parameter "out" output
	{
		GUID = "{6C1DD551-07A0-4E16-89EE-5A582BA27606}";
		Type = color;
	}
Um, yea... how do i do that?

User avatar
Retarded Username
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 am
Location: Going over the Trump wall

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Vault_boy wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
last wrote:Please register your account as a preorderer. here is a guid how to
GUID? Oh man, I've been hanging around programmers too much. This is the first thing that popped to my mind.

Code: Select all

Parameter "out" output
	{
		GUID = "{6C1DD551-07A0-4E16-89EE-5A582BA27606}";
		Type = color;
	}
Um, yea... how do i do that?
That? That is a random line of code Endo thought of, I don't think it has anything to do with what you're asking.

Vault_boy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Vault_boy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:38 am

Yea... so is nobody gonna help?

User avatar
Endoperez
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Endoperez » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm

We don't know what else could be causing the problem. If you register as a preorderer and search through the Secret forum, maybe you can find out what's wrong, and perhaps even the fix. However, without any more information, there isn't anything we can say, really. All we know that it works for other people but not you.

In case you didn't notice it, you can follow this guide to get to the preorder forum:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

User avatar
Anton
pretty cool guy
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Controller support on Mac OS is currently broken due to an issue with sdl2. We are all waiting on a fix for that.

User avatar
learn_more
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:32 am

Re: Multiplayer

Post by learn_more » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Anton wrote:Controller support on Mac OS is currently broken due to an issue with sdl2. We are all waiting on a fix for that.
it's only an issue with prebuilt binaries afaik,
if they build from source it _should_ be solved (unless there's another issue with controllers and mac)

User avatar
Anton
pretty cool guy
Posts: 3327
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Multiplayer

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 pm

learn_more wrote:
Anton wrote:Controller support on Mac OS is currently broken due to an issue with sdl2. We are all waiting on a fix for that.
it's only an issue with prebuilt binaries afaik,
if they build from source it _should_ be solved (unless there's another issue with controllers and mac)
I've told David in an email your idea, and we'll see if he uses that to fix it. Hopefully he'll take care of it soon.

Post Reply