Steam Workshop For Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
galade123

Steam Workshop For Overgrowth

Post by galade123 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Title says it all. I think Overgrowth would be a lot better if it had the steam workshop in it. I remember before it was out on steam it was easier to download mods, but now its a little more complicated. Just saying, the workshop must be added for obvious reasons. Hope you guys read this and make it happen!

P.S. I would like it to happen ASAP because I'm getting a little bored of replaying the default levels, but if you're working on something else that's really important, I can wait for the workshop.

Thomason1005

Re: Steam Workshop For Overgrowth

Post by Thomason1005 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:45 am

You can find loads of mods in the secret preorder forum and most of them are aviable in sumlauncher where you can easily install them

edit: i think they wont use steam workshop as they want to support those who havent got it through steam too

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 am

The SUMLauncher is so well established by now and will eventually develop into a full blown mod manager that I don't think the Steam Workshop with all its limitations will be competition.
I mean, it's convenient to use the Workshop, but if my experience with Skyrim has shown me one thing, then it is that the limits of that system far outweigh its use in my opinion. You have file size limits, less control over updates, there is no real way to combine mods that change the same scripts... With the direct downloads from the forum you don't have any of those issues, you can install script mods through simple copy pasting and content like levels and content are easy to get through the SUMLauncher.
Doing it manually also shows you how you can tweak the game to your liking. I wouldn't have a clue of what I'm doing in the xml files if it wasn't for things like the Blood and Flying mod.

If it can be set up to feature mods, sure. Why not? But I really think that the workshop is too limited for in depth modding and irrelevant for content additions. The SUMLauncher is simply better for this.

Also, don't expect any official mod support like the workshop until the game is at least in beta.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:24 pm