Overgrowth crash

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Quilathe

Overgrowth crash

Post by Quilathe » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:24 pm

"0(1) : error C0118: macros prefixed with 'GL_' are reserved

What...? Please help. I don't like wasting $30.

Endoperez

Re: Overgrowth crash

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 am

We need more details before we know what's happening. I don't remember seeing this error message before, and generally having some context will make these sorts of problems much easier to solve.
And even if it doesn't work at all, you might be able to get a refund (I don't know how they work through Steam, but the developers were rather open about the option before they started using Steam as well).

Did you just install it? Did you install it through Steam? Are you using a Windows, a Mac or a Linux machine?

OpenGL is a graphics card thing, like DirectX. Which graphics card does your computer have, and does it have the latest drivers?

Has this always happened, or has Overgrowth worked earlier? Did you install any mods or otherwise change anything?

last

Post by last » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 am

Actually it is a known bug, that already has a fix in the secret preorder forum, so register your forum account as a preorderer and get the fix from the unofficial alpha 205 topic, or just find the topic in the secret forum that talks about this little bug.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm

learn_more wrote:did you need to create 2 topics for this?
Many people do that because the threads have to be approved before they appear, and at first people aren't certain what's going on. It happens a lot, but it's still better than the alternative, i.e. unmoderated amounts of spam.