Can we except a bigger sale anytime soon?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Alnaut

Can we except a bigger sale anytime soon?

Post by Alnaut » Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I've wanted Overgrowth for a while and was excited to see it on sale on the humble store.
But 25 dollars is still too much for me to be comfortable paying for it, and there's no way I'm gonna obtain it through any unapproved means.

Does anyone know of any times soon that we can except a price drop to somewhere around $10-$20?

EPR89

Re: Can we except a bigger sale anytime soon?

Post by EPR89 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:03 am

Alnaut wrote:But 25 dollars is still too much for me to be comfortable paying for it, and there's no way I'm gonna obtain it through any unapproved means.
What is that supposed to mean?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed May 21, 2014 12:08 am

Alnaut is stating that the current price point for Overgrowth is too steep for their current income at the moment and that while they have considered piracy they would never stoop that low to get the game that they desire. Never. Ever. Nope.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:49 am

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm a bit slow today. ;)

I can understand why someone would consider 30$ pricey for a game that is still in Alpha. But you also have to understand that it is a preorder of the finished game and it already can offer you a lot of playtime. I have preordered Overgrowth in autumn 2012 and have played it since then. That accumulates to a hell of a lot more hours than many new retail games I have gotten myself for a price of 50% and more.
In the end everyone has to make the decision for him or herself, but I think the price is justified.

Alnaut

Post by Alnaut » Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 am

The next time it drops to 20 dollars, I'll most likely be picking it up.
Might have to wait until summer for a sale though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed May 21, 2014 11:55 am

Alnaut wrote:The next time it drops to 20 dollars, I'll most likely be picking it up.
It might not be for sale that cheap until the summer sale following its release. I haven't been following Greenlight / Early Access enough to know if they're also participating in the summer sales.

Alnaut

Post by Alnaut » Wed May 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Alnaut wrote:The next time it drops to 20 dollars, I'll most likely be picking it up.
It might not be for sale that cheap until the summer sale following its release. I haven't been following Greenlight / Early Access enough to know if they're also participating in the summer sales.
I'm pretty sure I've seen Overgrowth as low as 20 on steam.