Game Freezes

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
derpmissile

Game Freezes

Post by derpmissile » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 pm

I bought overgrowth on Steam yesterday. I was able to launch and play it yesterday. Went to bed, got up this morning, started the game (via Steam like yesterday), and the main screen quickly loads, I select any of the levels, and a black screen comes up with a logo of a white wolf. It stays in this state forever. When I escape out, I get a windows error "Overgrowth.exe has stopped working." I de-installed and reinstalled the program, re-booted, and checked forums. I also found it impossible to figure out how to register for what appears to be the source for help here - the secret pre-order forum. I didn't pre-order this, I bought the game on steam yesterday. And I tried the humblebundle register route, but ofc I didn't buy a bundle. frustrated here.

EPR89

Re: Game Freezes

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:16 am

When you play a level for the first time it will take a while to load. The game creates cache files during this process. I have noticed that trying to alt tab out of the game can lead to crashes. Just wait it out.
Occasionally the game can crash during the loading phase. It's a an alpha and not as reliable as a full release.

You don't have to buy a bundle to get access to the game on the Humble Store. I suggest you actually read the tutorial and follow the steps detailed there. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16422