Character questions and gereral praise

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
WaywardWarlord

Character questions and gereral praise

Post by WaywardWarlord » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Before I jump into the topic, this game is absolutely amazing! I love the and the characters and the story and I haven't really jumped into any of it yet. I just love it already! The combat system looks amazing . I've never really seen one quite like it. Once I get some extra money, I am totally pre-ordering this game. :D

One quick question though; Are there going to be any female characters in the game? I watched most of the art videos and so far and none of them have really touched on any female design yet. I would really love it to play a woman (of all species) and see some female warriors and warlords (of all species).

Endoperez

Re: Character questions and gereral praise

Post by Endoperez » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi and welcome!

There are plans for females, but the plans were done years ago, and haven't been mentioned since. Some of the characters might be female, but the developers haven't told how many characters they plan to create, or how many of them will be female.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/01/female- ... vergrowth/

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:55 pm

There are female characters for all the species except the wolf so far. The rabbits have 3 female variations,the cats have one, dogs have one, and the rats have one.
I made thumbnails for the spawner yesterday. Here are the females so far: http://imgur.com/a/reeTs#gQz5xgE

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 am

akazi wrote:There are female characters for all the species except the wolf so far. The rabbits have 3 female variations,the cats have one, dogs have one, and the rats have one.
I made thumbnails for the spawner yesterday. Here are the females so far: http://imgur.com/a/reeTs#gQz5xgE
Nice, it seems I'm not up-to-date on the stuff. :D

Surak

Post by Surak » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am

Endoperez wrote:
akazi wrote:There are female characters for all the species except the wolf so far. The rabbits have 3 female variations,the cats have one, dogs have one, and the rats have one.
Nice, it seems I'm not up-to-date on the stuff. :D
Yea, and thanks to procedural generation they can look really different. You should try out the number keys in the current alpha, looks so good.

WaywardWarlord

Post by WaywardWarlord » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 am

Thank you for all your replies! :D

I am super excited that they plan to implement female characters.

One quick question, are the developers still reading that discussion or is there somewhere else I could post to make my reply more relevant?

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 pm

WaywardWarlord wrote:Thank you for all your replies! :D

One quick question, are the developers still reading that discussion or is there somewhere else I could post to make my reply more relevant?
You can join the wolfire irc channel, the devs hang out there sometimes.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:48 pm

WaywardWarlord wrote:Thank you for all your replies! :D

I haven't seen the devs reply to forum threads for a while, outside of stuff like bug reports and the new alpha release threads.