Overgrowth Weekly

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Silverfish

Re: OGW Q&A with David Rosen & Aubrey Serr

Post by Silverfish » Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Apparently the computer I use to record had just frozen, had to hold the power button to turn it off. The recording it created was corrupt, I'm looking for a way to repair it. If anyone has repaired an mp4 before, let me know how you did it!

Exploding Cheese

Post by Exploding Cheese » Sat May 16, 2015 2:04 am

My questions for OGweekly 97 :

1. How many characters (As in wolf, dog etc.) will there be, or how many are you planning on having for now. And how many of the idea's of characters are scrapped (If you have any).

2. How is multiplayer going, is there going to be local MP?

3. How much of the campaign is finished? (As in % , ?/? etc.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 am

Managed to get the recording from the previous OGW up! This one is focused on art.

Thanks for the questions, Exploding Cheese! Keep those questions coming people! :)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Exploding Cheese wrote: How is multiplayer going, is there going to be local MP?
local multiplayer is already implemented. online multiplayer is a maybe
How much of the campaign is finished? (As in % , ?/? etc.
1% you can only play in the arena

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Mon May 18, 2015 3:56 am

Thank you, Silverfish and developers to keep OGW Q&A going.

It's amazing for the fanbase to keep in contact and have an instant feedback of the progression of the game.

Thank you for your effort :)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks Sehiro! I get really disappointed when technical difficulties arise like in the last show, so it's really good to hear that our efforts are appreciated despite these issues. :)

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 am

This may be unrelated to the thread but I have a broken game mechanics to report and don't know where to communicate it to the devs.

Playing vs with a friend we noticed that:

If P1 (player one) is holding a weapon and gets reversed by P2, P1 can throw the said weapon always connecting the throw and killing P2. There is no way P2 can avoid or deviate the thrown weapon, even if P2 is holding a different weapon.
Imho, this is definitely broken and OP, like the jumpkick without a reversal or a dodge.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri May 22, 2015 10:07 am

Sehiro wrote:This may be unrelated to the thread but I have a broken game mechanics to report and don't know where to communicate it to the devs.

Playing vs with a friend we noticed that:

If P1 (player one) is holding a weapon and gets reversed by P2, P1 can throw the said weapon always connecting the throw and killing P2. There is no way P2 can avoid or deviate the thrown weapon, even if P2 is holding a different weapon.
Imho, this is definitely broken and OP, like the jumpkick without a reversal or a dodge.
Generally speaking, [email protected] is the best place to send things like this. They don't always reply to that email, but it gets added to a list of things that David looks at.
(We can still bring it up during OGW though...)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:30 pm

If you throw a weapon and block on the right moment you block it if you're holding a weapon. If you're unarmed you catch the weapon. So there is no way that throwing weapons is OP.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 am

rodeje25 wrote:If you throw a weapon and block on the right moment you block it if you're holding a weapon. If you're unarmed you catch the weapon. So there is no way that throwing weapons is OP.
We (me and my friend) know that. We tried and tried again to do that, but the throw only during a reversal is unblockable and uncatchable.
In any other case what you said is true, but in the specific case of being reversed while armed, throwing is op. That's why we think it's a sort of bug. I mean, throwing while being reversed isn't exactly realistic, plus it being a sure kill? Nah, we just found a way to break the game xD

Probably the game thinks that P1 is in the air and rolling, thus he can throw, while P2 is busy reversing, thus he can't block/catch.

@Anton, thanks for the tip, if I/we notice other things like that, I won't hesitate to contact that address.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Silverfish wrote:Apparently the computer I use to record had just frozen, had to hold the power button to turn it off. The recording it created was corrupt, I'm looking for a way to repair it. If anyone has repaired an mp4 before, let me know how you did it!
vlc often is quite good in playing corrupted/ incomplete files, other than this i dont know

i also really appreciate the work you guys put in this, i really like to watch the og weekly vids

still id like to know what happened to the under glass thing, will there be anything released?
Last edited by Thomason1005 on Sun May 24, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun May 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:vlc often is quite good in playing corrupted/ incomplete files, other than this i dont know

i also really appreciate the work you guys put in this, i really like to watch the og weekly vids
Thanks!

I tried VLC and some repair tools, but no dice. Good thing Twitch had saved it so I could download it from them and edit it together with the other part.

I should also say that there was no OGW today since neither David nor Aubrey were able to make it. We have scheduled the next one two weeks from now.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Hahaha i actually guessed it!

wake

Post by wake » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:40 am

Hi David and Aubrey, Thanks for Overgrowth and all the articles about game development.

Will you make a Pheonix Filmmaker, ala Source Filmmaker? People could make really fun narratives with it, maybe even for the story in the game.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:09 pm

wake wrote:Hi David and Aubrey, Thanks for Overgrowth and all the articles about game development.

Will you make a Pheonix Filmmaker, ala Source Filmmaker? People could make really fun narratives with it, maybe even for the story in the game.
i hiiiiiighly doubt it but it would be cool.