banning system

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
rodeje25

banning system

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:48 pm

why is there no banning system that if a certain amount of topics have been disaproved that the ip and bot (or user) gets banned

Surak

Re: banning system

Post by Surak » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Because it is easy for spammers to change the ip address and forum account. Banning them would not help.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Surak wrote:Because it is easy for spammers to change the ip address and forum account. Banning them would not help.
But it might get rid of SOME of them. Sometimes a specific spammer starts spamming lots of posts, but once the account is manually banned, it stops.

The real answer is: "it hasn't been done". Maybe Wolfire will pay someone to do it. Similar system might already exist, but if it does, it hasn't been implemented on this forum.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Surak wrote:Because it is easy for spammers to change the ip address and forum account. Banning them would not help.
But it might get rid of SOME of them. Sometimes a specific spammer starts spamming lots of posts, but once the account is manually banned, it stops.
I'm not talking about manually banning but about automatic banning. When a bot reaches a certain amount of dissaproved posts he gets banned automatically.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Yes, I know. We discussed this option in another thread a while back. No automatic banning system exists, and non-forum-tech-savvy people don't know how to create them, so someone who knows more about it would have to be asked.

It's not something the community can do, besides for asking from Wolfire.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Endoperez wrote:Yes, I know. We discussed this option in another thread a while back. No automatic banning system exists, and non-forum-tech-savvy people don't know how to create them, so someone who knows more about it would have to be asked.

It's not something the community can do, besides for asking from Wolfire.
it's actually the problem of wolfire because it's their forum so i would expect them to do something about it

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 pm

I agree. They'd probably have to hire a professional to fix it.