Overgrowth issues on lag and crashes.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
AlexKBren19

Overgrowth issues on lag and crashes.

Post by AlexKBren19 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 am

I'm no computer expert; I only have a Windows 8 gateway laptop, with Intel(R) HD Graphics video card and a Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz.

A tragedy, yes. I've first started to play it just to have a nice decent fps gaming (because who doesn't play the Arena map). But upon the second time I run the game, my fps decided to just drop in my 1366 x 768 resolution, which forced me to drop my resolution to it's lowest, and some changes in the config.txt

Even though I could still play it, there some maps that would just lag simultaneously and at times, it would crash when I don't want it to.

Of course, I need help. Literally :(

I already liked this game too much to even throw it away along with the good $30 I spent on steam store. I'd guess if it were to be a final release, it wouldn't be a problem anymore. But I'd like to have some assistance on how to even play a bit longer without any crashes. Any configs I gotta change?

EPR89

Re: Overgrowth issues on lag and crashes.

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 am

It's normal that the performance differs between maps. Maps with a lot of objects or NPCs simply put a lot more stress on our system. I don't expect this to change much until the game is in beta. Optimisation cannot be a priority for the developers right now.

Things that affect performance the most are blood, detail objects, NPCs and ragdolls and the resolution. My advice would be to deactivate the detail objects and reduce the blood settings a bit. I don't think there's much more you can do right now.