Lugaru 2: Clans

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
elastrius

Lugaru 2: Clans

Post by elastrius » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:56 am

I'm a long, long time Lugaru player and I'm hyped as all get out for Lugaru 2, but I also like to play other games online competitively. Maybe some of you are the same. Assuming that Lugaru 2 Multiplayer will have a PVP element, Clans consisting of skilled and unskilled players might be an interesting idea. I consider myself to be fairly adept in Insane mode and have completed the main packaged campaign, challenge mode and Temple on it, and am champing at the bit to test my mettle against the other legions of Lugaru warriors on the forums. This is my first post, but right here and now I would like to pitch the concept for Clans to get started beforehand for Lugaru 2. To prove your skill, I would suggest posting a screenshot of your challenge mode on insane as has already been done in another section of the forum. The Raiders, the Water Templars, the Fire Temple, stuff like that. Independent clans would likely make up the bulk of the clans, though. Psychotic Clan Killers and names of that likeness. What do you think?

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 am

Welcome to the epic insanity that is the Wolfire Forums.

You sound alot better than me. Played on easy, beat challenges campaign and temple on easy, moved onto normal (Or whatever it was called, I haven't played in a while.), still haven't beaten temple all the way through on normal, but done the rest.

Dibs on Debug Klan. :P

But, I like this idea. Fire Tribe vrs Water Tribe, Air Tribe on everyone, it would help to organize the game a bit more.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 am

in my experience clans are usually irritating due mostly to the fact that almsot anyone can start one so perhaps only let a few of the better players start them or maybe have them built into the game. also maybe make them more like guilds with the player at the top giving orders and possibly call them tribes?

edit: oh and welcome

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 am

What about the fact that about every week a clan is disbanded, becomes inactive, or generally pwns itself out of existance?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:47 am

PVP better be a part of L2, especially since the price will most likely go up. On top of that PVP gives David an excuse the raise the price because it gives more replay value then just playing through single player campaign over and over again.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Play through the campaign over and over? Bah, I only did that twice, the rest is playing with debug :D

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:20 pm

I agree, adding multiplayer adds infinite replay value. Fighting other humans around the world just never gets old…

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 am

yeah humans are just made to kill each other

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:40 am

Exactly :lol:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:00 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:What about the fact that about every week a clan is disbanded, becomes inactive, or generally pwns itself out of existance?
thats why I said only let a few of the better players start one so that things like that wouldn't happen
Last edited by Count Roland on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:35 pm

There's a difference between skill and leadership, you know. Although there is a connection.