Partnership between Ambrosia Software and Wolfire?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
soulatrium

Partnership between Ambrosia Software and Wolfire?

Post by soulatrium » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:55 am

I noticed a while ago that David posted in the Ambrosia Software forums ( http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index. ... opic=91796 ) about submitting a game to Ambrosia. I assumed that game was Lugaru, but that has since been released. So, anyone care to spill the beans about whether there is something going on with Ambrosia? I for one think that would be really cool, as I've always thought of Wolfire Software (and all of David's previous incarnations) as being more full of potential than virtually any other independent developer out there, but always lacking just a bit in polish. Teaming up with Ambrosia could be an excellent combination!

George the Flea

Post by George the Flea » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:31 am

I don't really see any reason that he would want to sell Lugaru through Ambrosia, since that would just cut down on his profits. And it seems like it has plenty of polish to me (odd loading screen notwithstanding). :D

Unless Ambrosia offered the ability to distribute the game to a much wider audience, it would be pretty pointless to add another cook to the soup.

George the Flea

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:38 pm

Actualy it could increase his profits, even though Ambrosia would take a percentage, he could enough enough sales to counteract that.

Iceman
Location: Gebenstorf, Aargau, Switzerland, Europe, Earth, Sol, Universe 1

Post by Iceman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:08 pm

Well... YOU are Best in Graphics (Ambrosia suxs in Graphix) And Ambrosia In Gameplay... That would give a PERFECT combination!