SOS/Lugaru Editor

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
DudetheCreator

SOS/Lugaru Editor

Post by DudetheCreator » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 pm

I noticed that SOS and Lugaru are pretty much the same but different. You know what I mean? Same animations, same config setup, same sort of maps.

Is there a SOS/Lugaru map editor?

And please tell me that porting the SOS gun to Lugaru is possible! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! YOU HAVE GOT TO BLEND LUGARU AND SOS! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

*shortly after wolf invasion (end of lugaru)*
*turners village*
rabbits = Uh oh! Look more evil!
*robots come over hill*
rabbits= Turner, use your super kungfu to kill them!
turner= ok, sure
rabbits = yay!
*robots open fire*
rabbits= Ahh it's a blood bath! Agh..argh...ow...ug..h...
*entire village destroyed*
*turner runs...*
*decides he shouldn't be a coward and decides to fight robot empire*

No Wait, the player should be the robots, but that would be easy, gun vs knife, so the object is that the rabbits swarm, gun vs 20 rabbits (with auto-aim) :twisted:

Sorry, I am addicted to lugaru and sos.

PLZ LET THERE BE AN EDITOR!

Oh and then as the rabbits are losing, the block ppl from blackshades turn up and help them! And the GLfighters ppl!

Sorry, just fantasizing...

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:33 pm

THE README IS MEANT TO BE READ!!!!!!!!!!

DudetheCreator

Nothing

Post by DudetheCreator » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:32 pm

Nothing in the read-me about an editor... checking sos...

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:20 pm

Lugaru has a map editor built into it. It's not too easy to use, but it's really cool how it's totally seamless with the game itself.

DudetheCreator

i know

Post by DudetheCreator » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:51 pm

I know, but a standalone game editor/studio thing would be cool. Lugaru with SOS guns would be awsome. LUgaru needs more levels, more baddeys, more friends, less loading (ugh the end hello...load...my...load...name...load...is...*crash*) more weapons!

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:33 pm

I think that it would be a good idea to make it so that someone could easily make different 3D models than just the wolf and bunny. Also, maybe someone could make a map editor similar to the Warcraft III editor, allowing different elevations, etc…

Just suggestions. Dave doesn't have to make the map editor, someone else can. Just suggestions for another programmer.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:13 pm

There is the minor problem that a 3rd party map editor can't add any features to the game.
You can change the games heightmap, its in the textures folder.

iahucarus

Post by iahucarus » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:51 am

To be brutally logical RABBITS WITH KNIVES vs. ROBOTS WITH GUNS.
Thirty rabbits swarming one would be about as effective as just having one attack. Let's take a look at a level from said game concept.

The robot turned, blaring in his robot-voice "CRUSH ALL RABBITS." an apalling conviction to his voice, his blank eyes flaring with intense hatred, his shining metal finish quickly being obscured by blood and smoke. The village lay in ruins, the hero, bullet in breast succumbs to a deathly pallor, his death rattle sounds, and all is lost. Even if the hero were to escape merciless execution at the hand of his enemies, the final battle wold resemble a Christmas special, the whole cast gathering together at the last moment. Such a world lacks any appeal to the educated. Good idea though.