Verses controls? (Request and question)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Hatticus

Verses controls? (Request and question)

Post by Hatticus » Tue May 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Is it possible to go into Verses mode and play the game with one keyboard? And if not, why not?
I was thinking, you could use the classic 'IJKL' as opposed to 'WASD' for one player, and neither players use the mouse, instead the wasd player uses ctrl to attack and left shift to block, while the ijkl player uses right shift to attack and the left arrow key to block. In order to jump, the wasd player uses q and the ijkl player uses o. To roll, ijkl uses u and wasd uses e, to pick up stuff, for ijkl it's m, and to throw stuff it's , for wasd it's z and to throw it's x.
All keys are then compressed to each side of the keyboard. With this feature however, plugging in a controller etc would ignore ijkl and wasd and simply use the original controls for the game with the addition of the controller, to minimise compatibility issues.

I dunno if people would like to see this, but personally seeing a local coop feature would be great. Especially because I have a dodgy mouse pad and no controller.

EPR89

Re: Verses controls? (Request and question)

Post by EPR89 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:21 am

I don't think this is currently possible because the game currently assigns input devices to the players and not input from a device.

I don't know my way around the code, though. Maybe it could be implemented with a few changes.