Overgrowth - Editor Question

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
nih116

Overgrowth - Editor Question

Post by nih116 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:03 am

I have been following your videos for quite a while now, as I have a lot of interest in your work for Overgrowth, and was wondering 3 things.

1) It seems like the game comes with an editor, is this correct?

2) Are you able to construct your own large areas with the editor, like a city per say, and does it have the assets to do something like that?

3) In the videos it seems the textures aren't as high res as they could be... is that something you plan to fix later?

I have been, and continue to be, extremely interested in this work. I am currently in college to do computer game programming and development and I have level creation experience (custom user levels) with various Unreal Tournaments and a game called Rune (it was a melee viking game). My point being, if there is anything you guys need help with I would be glad to offer my free assistance :)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Overgrowth - Editor Question

Post by Constance » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Absolutely.
I'm not sure what the devs' plans are for textures, but I imagine it'll be improved over time.

Someone has made a city in Overgrowth before:

Foothold by Hale.

nih116

Post by nih116 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for the reply! :)

I figured they may have plans to update the textures later on, I suppose I was just looking to confirm my thoughts lol XD

Sadly your image won't load... you may want to check the url you used.

The reason for my asking about the city is that I LOVE building large and intricate cityscapes and other things of that grand nature. It really is fun and incredibly fun to see your own creation..

Another thought.. I wonder if they plan to implement a 1st person VR option.. now that would be friggin awesome :D Hell, even a 3rd person perspective in VR would be amazing!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:48 pm

nih116 wrote:Thanks for the reply! :)

I figured they may have plans to update the textures later on, I suppose I was just looking to confirm my thoughts lol XD

Sadly your image won't load... you may want to check the url you used.

The reason for my asking about the city is that I LOVE building large and intricate cityscapes and other things of that grand nature. It really is fun and incredibly fun to see your own creation..

Another thought.. I wonder if they plan to implement a 1st person VR option.. now that would be friggin awesome :D Hell, even a 3rd person perspective in VR would be amazing!
Right. Here:

nih116

Post by nih116 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Wow, that is pretty awesome :) I think you may have just sold me into buying the alpha XD

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Just one thing, since it might not be that obvious:

You cannot edit the terrain with the editor. You need to use 3D software to edit that mesh. Here's a tutorial for that. No idea if that is still accurate, but I think it should be.