Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ylvali

Re: Fan Art

Post by Ylvali » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Here's a picture I made. It's not really for this game, I made it to visualize my prophet in a Dominions 3 session. (in case someone here plays Dom3 it's a LA R'lyeh starspawn prophet with unequal obesity)

Anyways, I thought it could serve as inspiration for a race of squidmen. In case they implement water that is.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Ylvali wrote:Here's a picture I made. It's not really for this game, I made it to visualize my prophet in a Dominions 3 session. (in case someone here plays Dom3 it's a LA R'lyeh starspawn prophet with unequal obesity)

Anyways, I thought it could serve as inspiration for a race of squidmen. In case they implement water that is.
Haha, that's fantastic! Are any of the items he's wearing references to his actual equipment? I don't think so, since the book is out of place... unless it's a really unique Manual of Water Breathing!

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Endoperez wrote: Haha, that's fantastic! Are any of the items he's wearing references to his actual equipment? I don't think so, since the book is out of place... unless it's a really unique Manual of Water Breathing!
It is actually. :D Not the book (which is just underlining his heroic trait), but the helmet is the "Mark of the champion" that Quantum mechani added to CBM to make the arena deathmatches worth betting on. The fork is a "dancing trident" extra attack that goes with the helmet, I made it a fork for artistic consistency.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 am

Ylvali wrote:It is actually. :D Not the book (which is just underlining his heroic trait), but the helmet is the "Mark of the champion" that Quantum mechani added to CBM to make the arena deathmatches worth betting on. The fork is a "dancing trident" extra attack that goes with the helmet, I made it a fork for artistic consistency.
That's cool, my itty bitty mod got included in CBM! 8)

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:23 am

Endoperez wrote:That's cool, my itty bitty mod got included in CBM! 8)
You made Mark of the champion? I didn't realize. Well, thanks for that! :lol: It turned my Prophet into a real SC, 177 ichtycentaurs and myrmidons killed and counting. He's practically beaten MA Oceania single handed by teleporting on top of every army they sent. (single age game, Oceania played by Trumanator). Hehe, I was the only one who bothered sending a champion to the arena, I guess they regret that now :mrgreen:

Grund

Post by Grund » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 am

I had love the comic and the game so :3
I had to draw something too >..<
Attachments
still working on it
still working on it

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 am

Grund wrote:I had love the comic and the game so :3
That's nice! Many parts of that are good, but there are some things that could use more detail. His hands look a bit weird, for example. I don't know what those weapons are, so they could use some more detail too. Is the long weapon a spear, a halberd, or just a walking stick?
Also, his hands are a bit short, but perhaps you did it intentionally? Rabbits in Overgrowth have shorter arms than humans, so dogs might have shorter arms too.

I hope you don't mind getting a little critique. I think it's already a pretty good drawing: I like the head and the face, the expression is great. I also like the clothes, the legs and the fur.

Grund

Post by Grund » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Grund wrote:I had love the comic and the game so :3
That's nice! Many parts of that are good, but there are some things that could use more detail. His hands look a bit weird, for example. I don't know what those weapons are, so they could use some more detail too. Is the long weapon a spear, a halberd, or just a walking stick?
Also, his hands are a bit short, but perhaps you did it intentionally? Rabbits in Overgrowth have shorter arms than humans, so dogs might have shorter arms too.

I hope you don't mind getting a little critique. I think it's already a pretty good drawing: I like the head and the face, the expression is great. I also like the clothes, the legs and the fur.
Thanks ^^ I'll change wht I can then ^^ I'm also thinking on adding a background

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 pm

IMG_0622.jpg
I just missed the ogweekly aww man...
Anyway, I drew this a long time (5 or more years) ago and thought that it fits in with the overgrowth universe. I though it would fit in well for the clans that protected the monoliths.
It's a stone/crystal structure with supports attached to it for walking up and across. I don't draw complete stuff in general, just concepts. I would be happy if someone did something with this.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

it's ready finally, my hand is really busted and i'm very proud of this :)
btw: that kanji at his back means Justice

Kicktar

Post by Kicktar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 am

That's awesome! Reading all these makes me wish I was a better artist.

pookaguy

Post by pookaguy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

Saedz wrote:Image

The arm looks a little weird, but it's still a great picture.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 am

Kicktar wrote:That's awesome! Reading all these makes me wish I was a better artist.
me too

Ench

Post by Ench » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 am

Saedz wrote:Image

Yeah, the picture looks neat, but I have a strange feeling that his right arm has something like rubber bones.. :E

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 am

whoopsie, come think of it yeah, ----> gotta edit... asd okay what the heck i have been taken
the picture will be come back soon

Edit. now it's fixed