Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Korban3

Re: Fan Art

Post by Korban3 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

I loved the book and movie, although the book was better. I liked Bright Eyes, the tune Garfunkel did for Hazel's almost death. That was a nice song. For those that haven't seen this amazing flick!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:24 am

Note that there's actually 2 animations done of Watership Down, for those unaware. I think the other one is a short TV series. I haven't seen it, but my understanding is that it isn't nearly as good. So just be aware if you're trying to find it.

The movie was a surprisingly good adaptation, all things considered. Of course the book was better, but the book is always better. Considering that we're talking about an animated adaptation of a story about rabbits, one would expect them to have completely missed the point and made it too "cartoony", but the tone of the book is really rather intact. Which is probably why everyone remembers it as absolutely terrifying, and yet still think of it fondly.

It was weird that they included some of the Lapine language in the movie, but never explained why the hell they were using such weird words out of nowhere. If I hadn't read the book, I probably would have found that very confusing.

We do seem to be drifting off topic for the thread. Somebody should post some more fanart to get us back in line.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

This is probably the most serious thing I've ever done. It's a small tribute to the amazing artists who have posted in this thread. The pictures used were picked at random, don't be offended If I didn't pick yours. The message is important. Take it to heart and do wonders. That's an order.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Wow adwuga. Good job. That's actually pretty sweet. I think I've found a good replacement for my Conan and the Diamond Buttcheeks desktop background.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks! :D I can change the text if you have any better Ideas. I can also post it without text for a better background if you want.
Can you post your Conan background? And by the way, don't search Conan and the Diamond Buttcheeks on google images with safe search off.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 pm

^That made me laugh, Adwuga :lol:

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 pm

I think without text would be better for a background. But I actually found an even better background almost immediately after seeing yours.
Took some digging, but here it is.
And the replacement!

SO DRASTIC! So very, very drastic. But honestly? I/d be worried if a cat wasn't on a rooftop staring at birds.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 am

It's so pretty and peaceful! And his expression is one of interest, not aggression or excitement. I bet there are dead animals in that room.

wideeyedsmiles

Turner's great, great, great, great, great, great, grandson

Post by wideeyedsmiles » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 pm

First time poster, hope to do alot more work and put it up here ^^ I was reading Apocalypse meow and then started wondering what overgrowth would look like in modern times, I'm planning on finishing it up in photoshop at some point when I have more time. Enjoy ^^

Endoperez

Re: Turner's great, great, great, great, great, great, grand

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:39 am

That doesn't work for me. It seems like you have a google-docs link to a PDF. It seems like we don't have access to view that GoogleDocs file, and I also don't understand why your image is inside a PDF.

EDIT: I found your DeviantArt page though, and the thumbnail in there does work. Not bad, not bad! The boot seems like it's turned too much away from the knee's direction, but I can't see it clearly from the thumbnail.

ValencY

Post by ValencY » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Totally new here, but I've been impressed by the programming/game style that is presented here at wolfire and am looking forward to Overgrowth! Anywho, just thought I would pop this drawing on here for an optional Joker skin idea.

Some explanation: A) this was at work and my highlighter doodle was already there. Unfortunately, I had started the doodle too low.. :cry: And I also know that the legs/feet are horribly out of proportion. More just wanted to get the "look of it" down. :D
Attachments
Drawing.jpg

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:16 pm

adwuga wrote:It's so pretty and peaceful! And his expression is one of interest, not aggression or excitement. I bet there are dead animals in that room.
Mm, most definitely. But again, we'd be worried if there wasn't.

wideeyedsmiles

Post by wideeyedsmiles » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 am

Endoperez wrote:That doesn't work for me. It seems like you have a google-docs link to a PDF. It seems like we don't have access to view that GoogleDocs file, and I also don't understand why your image is inside a PDF.

EDIT: I found your DeviantArt page though, and the thumbnail in there does work. Not bad, not bad! The boot seems like it's turned too much away from the knee's direction, but I can't see it clearly from the thumbnail.

I sort of kind of, lost the jump drive I had is saved off of. Which also had the version I was coloring and editing in photoshop, I noticed that with the legs, and the left arm feels a little small, I was gonna tweak the posture some maybe. I don't know why it's not loading, it does that to me sometimes too. Thanks a lot though ^^ I've got a long way to go before my work starts to look legit though ^^

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 am

wideeyedsmiles wrote:
Endoperez wrote:That doesn't work for me. It seems like you have a google-docs link to a PDF. It seems like we don't have access to view that GoogleDocs file, and I also don't understand why your image is inside a PDF.

I sort of kind of, lost the jump drive I had is saved off of. Which also had the version I was coloring and editing in photoshop, I noticed that with the legs, and the left arm feels a little small, I was gonna tweak the posture some maybe. I don't know why it's not loading, it does that to me sometimes too. Thanks a lot though ^^ I've got a long way to go before my work starts to look legit though ^^
Could you perhaps link to the image so we can look at it without having to search for it? :)

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey people, I'm new here to the Overgrowth community, and I was watching the last OGWeekly, well, they asked for more fan art, and a bat, *Cough* I'm not the best artist around and I need something other than my digital cam to upload stuff *cough* But, here they are!

Kitty Cat

BattyBat

P.S.: I've no idea how a "Overgrowthed" bat would look like, mine's too batty, butt he has sord! =x