Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ShinyGem

Re: Fan Art

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm

The main on this one was trying to convey the fur using only colours, turned out ok on the arms, legs and neck, face and ears I'm not happy about. Still, ugly fur is better than no fur?
I tried adding more complexity to the texture, I'm not sure if I achieved it, but there. Aaand, out goes the wheel of cheese, it's a moon emblem now. Isnt the moon made of cheese anyway? XD

Ratty Rat

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I like the fur on this one. I agree that the ear is lacking, but the face looks good. I suppose you could make the strokes finer on the face and that'd be nice, but it still looks good.
I also just got an idea. I want to learn how to paint like Screwbald, on deviantArt (http://screwbald.deviantart.com/). He's great at watercolor painting.
Then, I will create mesh UV maps, print them and paint my textures by hand. Then I can scan the painting UVs and use them on my models. I always liked those old movies that were animated in watercolor. Why not a watercolor video game?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

The fur isn't quite right, but the clothes and the fleshy bits look good. Sorry for blunt reply. 1:54 am.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Oh, you got Skyrim too? :P

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Damn that game is awesome.

As for Rattyrat, It's good, I agree about fur, and the leg pointing to the right feels off, but I'm no artist so I can't give any real help. Other than that good job. Keep up the good work, it seems like very few other people (1) posted this week, so you are keeping this thread going.

EDIT: Being a better artist than everyone else here[/sarcasm], I thought I would post my best piece.
Untitled.png
Click for Larger. *I'm watching you...* - Whaleman

In case you're wondering, the rabbit is actually a cat with a very flat rabbit mask on, which doubles as a helmet, that is the ghost of Napoleon (whose spirit lingered in a french pastry for however long it took to get to the point of anthropomorphic mammals in evolution, until it was released by an enraged wolf (chasing an eagle who kept on pooping on him) stepping on the pastry, shattering the E₄O bond holding his spirit to the pastry) holding the cats sword (which had a some ethereal glue(C₄E₆O₂) stuck on it, allowing the ghost to hold it), and the green things are soul fruit(HO₂CCE₆H₂CEHOE₃HCO₂H). The large structure in the back holds no significance. This was done in paint.

EDIT2: Wow, just noticed how wrong those shadows are.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 am

You're worried about the shadows XD

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:34 am

:lol: yeah...

I'm not an artist, but the shadows should at least point the right way. There are, of course, relatively major problems with perspective, shading, colors, detail, sensicalness, anatomy, atmosphere, lighting, scale, faces, texture, position, etc., but I'm not going to put that much effort into any drawing. I'm more of a sculptor anyways. I do have the excuse of not having photoshop, and being too lazy to wait for gimp to load, making me do it in paint, a far inferior prograndmother.

I should be more worried about the Whaleman.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Here's a WIP of Batty Bat and Batman, but there's lot's to go still, I think I can finish it in time, if my plan goes as planned!

Batty N Bat

Adwuga, is that the new dismemberment feature I see on the Rabbit's face? XD

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

I have to say, that bat looks like an asshole. And yes, it is the new dismemberment feature, in 3D!

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Here, I hope the shadowing is fine, I had a "files mishap", I'm still flipping angry at myself, but, now, the only thing left is adding in the "story". My idea goes like this:

Batman sit's thoughtfully on a building high above Goth... I mean, Growth City, Bat Man appears and kicks Batman's ass. The end, happy ending no?

Batty N Bat

P.S: That blank panel there just had one of those old Batman style "Ka-Pow!" and "Waaam!" balloons, I'll add them tomorrow -probably-, along with the "story".

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Nice! Why would he beat up Batman(human one, the names are confusing)? All he ever did was help!

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 pm

adwuga wrote:Nice! Why would he beat up Batman(human one, the names are confusing)? All he ever did was help!

That's quite simple, actually...
Because...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE BATMAN!

And I hate Bruce Wayne, so, he loses. =D

hunting dog

Post by hunting dog » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 am

This is a wolf variant I made. Just to let you know, the brown thing he is holding is a flask of alchol of some kind. Enogh said. randon XD
Attachments
Dog Wolf Man.jpg

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:49 pm

hunting dog wrote:This is a wolf variant I made. Just to let you know, the brown thing he is holding is a flask of alchol of some kind. Enogh said. randon XD
I hope that's not a wolf pelt he is wearing! Could happen, he is drunk after all!

And a, one humped, Camelman:

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 pm

I like how you incorporated the hump into the neck. Gives it a unique look.

Though not to come off as the foot comment guy, but that part is a little off. I think Camels are still considered ungulates, but their feet are considerably broader less hoof-like than most.

Though be warned, if you're going to do a google image search for "camel feet", be aware of who is in the immediate vacinity of your computer, and whether or not the safesearch feature is on.