Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
adwuga

Re: Fan Art

Post by adwuga » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:06 am

Indeed. On both accounts. Possibly even all three.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 am

Fixed, I hope, probably won't be touching this one again... As much as I love improving my drawings, I like to keep doing new stuff to keep things interesting. =)

Old Bunny
Old Bunny1-1.png
Edit: Bye kitty, I'm quite happy with this one, it's like a cat lady saying farewell to her love who's off to work or her kids off to school, that is if there are schools in Overgrowth even. =)

Bye Kitty
Bye Kitty.png
Inspired by Neko no Ongaeshi.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Silverfish wrote:Here's a desktop background I made using Blender with the Cycles renderer. I wanted to make it look like my old desktop background that you might have seen during the OGWs.
render_2000q_1080p.png
really?.... dude, thats really top notch :)

hunting dog

Post by hunting dog » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:23 am

The Return of the Overgrowth Capitalist. (used a new art program, having to find the best free ones, sorry.)
Attachments
scorpion.jpg

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 am

Lol, that's awesome.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:35 am

Lol indeed, my friend, lol indeed. Occupy the Red Shards? =x

Edit: I might be away until monday, so, although I was saving this for later (so I could colour it better, I'm learning!), I might not have the chance, here you go then:

Mount OGWeekly
MOGWeekly-1.png
MOGWeeklyC-1.png
:!: Happy one year anniversary OG Weekly! :!:

From the Shiny Gem! =)

keks

Post by keks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 am

hallo there!
I drew this picture using the image editor in Blender. At first I wanted to equip the character with the new staff made by Aubrey, but then I noticed that the rabbit doesn’t look as if he is holding a weapon, so I changed the concept a bit :)
keks fanart-cut.jpg

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 pm

keks wrote:hallo there!
I drew this picture using the image editor in Blender. At first I wanted to equip the character with the new staff made by Aubrey, but then I noticed that the rabbit doesn’t look as if he is holding a weapon, so I changed the concept a bit :)
keks fanart-cut.jpg
Hehe, I wouldn't have quessed that was done in Blender. :D Well drawn, I like it. Something about the hands seems a little off, perhaps it's something to do with foreshortening, but I like the "textures" in it. The face is nice, a bit different from the usual ones.

Do you use Blender for modeling much? I'm a 3D guy myself, and slowly practicing my texturing (and traditional art) skills.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 am

Haha, you can paint in Blender? I didn't know that.

keks

Post by keks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 am

I figured out that Blender has the required tools to paint so I gave it a try, just to see if it works. Unfortunately the colours do not always blend together very well. What an irony in a software named Blender. :D
I use most of the features as a hobbyist, but I don’t do a lot of modelling. For school projects I use it as a Renderer.

IWantToBeAnArtist

Post by IWantToBeAnArtist » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:40 pm

*EDIT* If you want to look at the full size version, just try to open the picture in a new tab.
Hi guys!
I thought I make an Overgrowth wallpaper, or two. And I also wanted to make an OG weekly picture. For the shows one year anniversary. But I only ended up making the one wallpaper I'm showing here.
Well actually I made a version whit out the wight border witch is also 1920x1080, and both a 1600x1200 and a 1280x1024 version. I'm not to happy whit the end result, but I still wanted to share it.

I made a dropbox account just for this forum, and I'we put all the wallpapers in a wallpaper named folder.I haven't figured out how to share the folder publicly yet thought. But if some of you are interested in those different sized versions, note me and I try and figure out a way to share them.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 am

So, I've been working on anatomy, although this one wasn't the best choice, for that I suppose, leg-wise that is. Anyway, fingers and hands, I think I'm quite improving, in comparison to when I started at least. =)

Anyway, a slothman, I wasn't sure what to do with his legs, it seemed like he was setting up a capoeira kick perhaps, but I couldn't get a side kick view right, so I just made him walking, or dancing samba maybe?

Slothman
Slothman.png
Edit: Anozer one, a fluffy puffy (puffeh?) dog. Even though he doesn't look that puffy, he could just be chubby, I suppose... From now on I'll try looking at Aubrey's art to get ideas for clothes. (I never actually played Overgrowth. o_o)

Fluffy Dog
Fluffy Doggy.png

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:25 pm

ShinyGem wrote: Slothman

Instructions:
Step 1) Press play on Youtube video.
Step 2) Scroll to drawing.
Step 3) Enlarge drawing.
Step 4) Haters gonna hate.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 pm

It ain't easy being a sloth in a dog eats dog world, just keepin' it cool and stayin' alive! 8)

And avnotzher drawing, this time, a pigmy rat shaman telling a horror story to the village's micies and micettes. The impaled wolf head might be related. =)

Pigmy Rat Shaman
Pigmy Rat Shaman.png

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Wolf mouth should be open, and house wall and roof look flat, but otherwise it's awesome. Poor kids.