Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Korban3

Re: Fan Art

Post by Korban3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you, that's pretty much the exact feel I was going for XD
Hm, yes. My Paint is definitely nice for unorganized folk. There is a side dock, but I believe you can remove that because the individual interfaces can be opened and closed using hotkeys. L, for example, expands the Layers menu and then pressing L again hides it.

Ideas, huh? You should draw... a... um... Rabbot 2.0... as a DJ... at a techno rave.

EDIT: Actually, after rereading your post, I remembered that I had plans for playable instruments in the game. That would be so fun to program. And to play with. Eehehehehee. Now I'm all excited to get to that point. :D

MashiroTamigi

Post by MashiroTamigi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi :D

i made this while i was on coffee break at work ;)

sorry for the bad quality, but my scanner is dead

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Rinsa Korban! So, I herd you liek Lojban?
MashiroTamigi wrote:Hi :D
Hello! ;)

I liked the stylized look, it's so twisted, you can almost taste that rabbit's insanity. XD

P.s: I don't know Lojban, a dictionary was needed for "rinsa", and it may be incorrectly used. XD

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 pm

Fuu-
Don't know very many gismu by memory.
This is awesome for Lojban newbs:
http://www.lojban.org/publications/wordlists/gismu.txt
http://www.lojban.org/publications/wordlists/cmavo.txt
http://www.lojban.org/publications/wordlists/lujvo.txt

*Checkin' mah gismu dicitonary*
Yeah, you were pretty close, but you need a first sumti or something to fill the spot or refer to the second sumti place.
So it would be:
mi rinsa korban. (or korbyn. depending on how you pronounce the 'a')
zo'e rinsa korban.
fe korban. rinsa(I may have structured this one wrong. Silverfish, do you know if this is right?)

I think those are all fairly proper. I think. I'm still learning :D
And keep in mind, folks, that rinsa is not to be confused with risna, because then someone would be referring to my heart. Yay similar words!

Nice drawing. It's creepy and dark. And creepy. And awesome. Yup.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Just a WIP of a hairless cat I'm doing, so the thread doesn't end up on the back of the forum bus. I'm not sure if it counts as OG fanart, though.
Anyways, they are usually pink or salmon-ish, mine's a bit too gray, so, I'll have to adjust on that, and his head feels a bit too round as well. Not much focus on the body, I want to get a good feel of 'quality' (I guess?) on the face, colouring-wise that is.

Hairless Cat
WIPFarmerCat.jpg

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Hey, I have a question for all you artists: have any of you Wacom tablet users tried both Gimp and Photoshop (and Corel Paint Essentials, for that matter)?

I had a copy of Photoshop C7 for a couple of weeks and it was very fun and easy to use...
I tried to make it go in Gimp, but it's really a ton of fiddling and still doesn't seem to work as well. Does my desire to support the Indie programmers of Gimp (as well as to be a cheap bastard) and not buy P-shop and Illustrator make me destined to fail?

If you've tried both, does one stand out as superior? Or more to the point, do I just have to give up on Gimp?

I have an Intuos3 tablet, running on Windows 7.

Opinions? Advice on setup?
Thanks, everybody!

wideeyedsmiles

Post by wideeyedsmiles » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm

http://wideeyedsmiles.deviantart.com/ar ... -277659170
YaY ARTSYs
First time messing with a tablet, I actually was recently given a Bamboo tablet for the holidays. Was working the photoshop elements and wasn't coming up with something I like, then I went to another program, AutoDesk SketchBook, and was much happier. Here's the results.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm

@Kehaar I have a Wacom tablet and, although It comes with some version of Photoshop I'm actually using Gimp for all my drawings. I'm just best used to it. Can't give much advice though, since I'm quite a beginner with tablets.

@wideeyedsmiles Reminded of my granddad with the pipe and the pants pulled way up, hah. XD

Brokey Dog
BrokeyDog.png
Poor doggy, broken sword. :teardrop:

WIP Hairless Cat
WIPHairlessCat2.jpg
Blasted eyes, making or breaking the image and all hard to get right! Looks less alieny now, though and more like the real thing, I hope.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

It's okay buddy. I finished it for you.
DemonCat.jpeg
DemonCat.jpeg (12.86 KiB) Viewed 6986 times

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

kehaar wrote:Hey, I have a question for all you artists: have any of you Wacom tablet users tried both Gimp and Photoshop (and Corel Paint Essentials, for that matter)?

I had a copy of Photoshop C7 for a couple of weeks and it was very fun and easy to use...
I tried to make it go in Gimp, but it's really a ton of fiddling and still doesn't seem to work as well. Does my desire to support the Indie programmers of Gimp (as well as to be a cheap bastard) and not buy P-shop and Illustrator make me destined to fail?

If you've tried both, does one stand out as superior? Or more to the point, do I just have to give up on Gimp?

I have an Intuos3 tablet, running on Windows 7.

Opinions? Advice on setup?
Thanks, everybody!
I haven't actually tried using corel or photoshop, but I know gimp isn't made for drawing quite as much as it is for graphics and logos and things.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm

That picture above was a product of Gimp. High quality shit, man.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

not saying it's not useful for drawing (seeing as it's what I use when I draw) just saying photoshop is probably a more powerful tool when it comes to drawing things.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 pm

I was aiming for something less diabolic, but... well, yeah... Does he look that bad?

WIP HC
WIPHairlessCat3.jpg

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Count Roland wrote:not saying it's not useful for drawing (seeing as it's what I use when I draw) just saying photoshop is probably a more powerful tool when it comes to drawing things.
I'm joking, of course. I like photoshop much better. Only problem is, no moneys for t3h buy, and don't want to pirate. I'm not at all a graphical artist though, except for ruining Shiny's pictures. Speaking of which...
InquisitionCat.jpeg
InquisitionCat.jpeg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 6969 times
Shiny I hope you don't take offense to these pictures; I think they're great, which is part of why I bother with them. I'm just a bored 15 year old with a photo manipulation program. :wink:

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:Shiny I hope you don't take offense to these pictures
Not at all, they are funny, although that demon cat one was admittedly creepy... Worry not, it shall haunt my dreams for no more than a decade... I'm sure... :shock:
Jacktheawesome wrote:InquisitionCat.jpeg

Also... "I didn't expect this kind of Spanish inquisition..." *stares at the entrance*

Anyways! Hm, I called this one "shorts bunny", I ran out of ideas for names I guess...

Shorts Bunny
ShortsBunny.png