Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ageshero

Re: Fan Art

Post by ageshero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:While you're at it, you may as well insult Escrima and make a long belligerent post about how the longsword sucks because it has no defense techniques. Then talk about this new martial art you're working on that incorporates only super high and flashy kicks, and palm strikes to the elbow that can stop your heart. Mention how many street fights you've won with this, and how you're starting a self defense school for "inner city" people. Pepper your post with emoticons, and make sure to include two "winking" ones and a line of green smileys at the end of your post. Endoperez will love you.

...EEhh whaaaa?

ageshero

Post by ageshero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 am

ShinyGem wrote:@Saedz, yes, that's the one thing I would complain about the image, it's sad, too sad for my innocently-pure-animal-loving-eyes to handle. =x

On a brighter note, I'm trying to revert back to my more elaborated shading. Attempted to darken it as well, since it tends to be quite subtle, though they feel a bit forced to me when too high contrasting.

And on a side note, any tips on drawing/colouring the pupils and eyes?

Brokey Dog
BrokeyDog.png
I think his clothing is a tad futuristic for the overgrowth universe, go with something more medieval.

ageshero

Post by ageshero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 am

nice dogman though, i like the style so far.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:11 am

Erm... triple post. =x

@Ageshero anyway, yes, not Overgrowth at all, aside from being an anthropomorphic dog. I just fancy the Great Navigations and the later 17th century pirate/buccanneer periods theme. At around page 74* I have another dog called Sea Dog and a Bunny, both piratey themed, so, it's sorta a recurring theme for me, I guess. =D

Edit: Oh, wow, it's been more than ten pages since I've posted my first drawing, I believe I can say that my thread CPR was a success? =D

*highfive anyone?*

dare I say.... *brohoof?*

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:38 pm

ageshero wrote:...EEhh whaaaa?
I seem to have gotten a bit of a reputation as, well, a lot of things including as a guy who complains about other peoples' mistaken martial arts posts. I'd "like" that kind of post.

IcyBlade

Post by IcyBlade » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi i am new to the forum and too drawing but gave it a wack and came up with this.
Its a bit messy and hasn't got any colour but im fairly happy with it.
Any tips on improvements would be appreciated.

Rhino Blacksmith.
Rhino man blacksmith.jpg
(I don't know if the image will work as I am not used to posting on forums)

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:23 pm

@IcyBlade That's pretty pretty, the lack of colours isn't an issue to me at least, it's very nice as grayscale. :)

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Endoperez wrote:
ageshero wrote:...EEhh whaaaa?
I seem to have gotten a bit of a reputation as, well, a lot of things including as a guy who complains about other peoples' mistaken martial arts posts. I'd "like" that kind of post.
:lol: Something like that.

Nice rhino, it's not bad at all. The greyscale look kind of fits the picture. Improving is really a matter of practice and working to develop your own methods and styles because those will work for you best. As for the way things 'should' look, my best advice is to remember how 3D things are. Especially hands, not to imply that your hands are bad. The rhino's hand is pretty good.

ageshero

Post by ageshero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 pm

ShinyGem wrote:Erm... triple post. =x

@Ageshero anyway, yes, not Overgrowth at all, aside from being an anthropomorphic dog. I just fancy the Great Navigations and the later 17th century pirate/buccanneer periods theme. At around page 74* I have another dog called Sea Dog and a Bunny, both piratey themed, so, it's sorta a recurring theme for me, I guess. =D

Edit: Oh, wow, it's been more than ten pages since I've posted my first drawing, I believe I can say that my thread CPR was a success? =D

*highfive anyone?*

dare I say.... *brohoof?*

Amazing idea for a mod actually, being able to jump from ship to ship in a map with water, and then swashbuckle and also have Flintlock pistols.

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 am

ageshero wrote:Amazing idea for a mod actually, being able to jump from ship to ship in a map with water, and then swashbuckle and also have Flintlock pistols.
Sounds doable, not by me of course, I've zero modding know-how, but ships are already in the game and a flintlock pistol mod seems as simple as tweaking a bow (or a bow mod) and a re-skin.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Bah! Bows would be more complicated than guns. Bullets fly to fast for Overgrowth's slowmotion to capture them effectively, especially for a mod. I've been looking at it because I want to be the guy that can say "I was the first fan to make a custom character AND a working gun. Hah!" :lol:
I just think it'd be fun to have a rape AK for Turner to whip and blast some fools with when you get frustrated with a terrible fight. Although the idea of what a gunfight would look like with OG's AI is quite a fun thing to imagine. Yeah, the Pheonix Engine could produce some badass firefights, especially with how awesome OG is coming along. And I know that I could model and texture an AK47 or M14. Probably not be able to do the normal map, but I could get one in. But do I really need more mods on my belt? I hardly bring myself to keep the ones I start up-to-date. :lol:

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 am

Kor-ban! Kor-ban! Kor-ban!

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 am

Hey, thanks for suggesting MyPaint, Korban3. It rocks. There's no image manipulation built in, but for sketching and painting, it's awesome. Best I've tried so far.

I'll post some stuff when I figure out how to crop and resize images in Gimp or p-shop at work.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Glad you like it. :D
I like PaintDotNet for photo manipulation and cropping. Can't wait to see what you make.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Ho ho! Alright, I'll check that out asap, thank you very much.