Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
RagdollZombie

Re: Fan Art

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:05 am

I love it! and yeah, with the violence in Overgrowth currently, I'd say the game is more of a rated M XD (especially because of the comic)

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:15 am

akazi wrote:Nice! I always though Overgrowth to be a M for mature game then a T for teen. That's just me though. :D
RagdollZombie wrote:I love it! and yeah, with the violence in Overgrowth currently, I'd say the game is more of a rated M XD (especially because of the comic)
Well I thought that the fact that characters are fantasy anthros, would smoothen it a bit, but after checking out the esrb, seems they go for an M rating once realistic blood and intense physical damage is depicted. So you guys are right. :P

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Wait, so I'm 1 year too young to play Overgrowth?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Jaz wrote:Wait, so I'm 1 year too young to play Overgrowth?
Yes. Go become older. Nao.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:22 pm

As long as you can handle the violence, you're not too young to play Overgrowth xD

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Just as long as you don't decide to out and get a bunny ear hat and sword, then go and whack people with the sword. :D

Jaz

Post by Jaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:56 pm

akazi wrote:Just as long as you don't decide to out and get a bunny ear hat and sword, then go and whack people with the sword. :D
... Oops... :oops:

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:20 pm

akazi wrote:Just as long as you don't decide to out and get a bunny ear hat and sword, then go and whack people with the sword. :D
Isn't that the common reaction to playing the game for the first time?

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Retarded Username wrote:
I was referring to how sometimes kids think the things they play in game they can do in real life. Getting encouraged from video games and killing people in real life. If you believe in that stuff.

Jaz

Post by Jaz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:41 am

akazi wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:
I was referring to how sometimes kids think the things they play in game they can do in real life. Getting encouraged from video games and killing people in real life. If you believe in that stuff.
Nah, the reason I enjoy video games is because I already murder people in real life. So it's like nostalgia 8)

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:55 am

akazi wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and say that is 100% bullshit. I don't believe any person who was not already entirely fucked up in the head has that much issue distinguishing games from reality. And if someone does have that much of an issue, they're likely on some pretty powerful medication to fix it. I've been playing violent video games from the years when I was most impressionable. I started when I was 4, leading all the way up to today. Not once have I ever had any thought of doing anything I've seen in a video game in real life. They're not immersive enough. Sure, maybe in 200 years when we're plugging our brains into a super-realistic VR device, then younger kids should stay away from any violent simulations. But I don't think there is a game that has ever been released which is immersive enough to have any normal person question whether what they're seeing is happening or should be recreated.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 am

Children young enough can't tell reality from story. That's a child only a few years old, though.

Violent video games do desensitize to violence. It can be a negative thing, but doesn't necessarily correlate with acting violently in real life.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:10 am

Endoperez wrote:Violent video games do desensitize to violence.
This is one of those statements that I'm just going to have to ask you to back up with fact. Where has this been studied? How can this be observed? On what do you base that statement?

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am

Well this escalated quickly. :?

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 am

lol I noticed you changed the rating to M on the image