Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
RylanLego

Re: Fan Art

Post by RylanLego » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:20 am

Thanks you guys. Do you have any links to these programs?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:24 pm

RylanLego wrote:Thanks you guys. Do you have any links to these programs?
I know two by name, there are probably more.

Paint Tool SAI is rather artist friendly and lightweight. It's meant for drawing and paiting.

Clip Studio Paint, also known as Manga Studio, is another one. It was recently on sale so I bought myself a copy, but I haven't had the time to test it out yet.

Retarded Username mentioned Adobe Illustrator, but I don't think that's a good choice. It's a graphic design program, not a drawing program. It may be possible to draw in it, but it's not as fun or as simple as in other programs meant for that.

The same is true for Adobe Photoshop. It's used a lot, and you can do everything you would want to in it, but it might not be as easy or fast or simple as in actual drawing programs. Photoshop is designed as a photo manipulation program first and foremost, so drawing and painting features are not its strongest point.

If you want specifically free programs, I found a relatively recent article that listed several free drawing programs. I've heard good things about Krita, but never tried it myself. SumoPaint is a free and works through the browser, but doesn't have good pen tablet support (I asked one of the developers a few years back, and it was a limitation of the technology they used IIRC). The other programs I'm not familiar with.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... rogram.htm

Leonard

Post by Leonard » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:53 pm

ART.
Attachments
IMG_20150204_161329.jpg

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:19 am

I like the style an the formal pose he is in. You might want to make the image brighter though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:56 pm

It's good.

The neck could be a bit thinner, or shaded a bit differently, so that his head doesn't disappear in it.

The pose is nice. The hilt of the sword ends exactly at the crotch of his trousers, though. When lines end at a same poin like that, it's harder to see what's what, and understand depth. This is a "tangent mistake", or a "hidden edge" problem, and it's very common. You might want to look out for it in the future.

I assume you hid his feet on purpose? If you don't what pose to draw them in, look at some reference. A video of a swordsman going through some exercises is probably the best way to get the feeling for what sort of things he's doing with his feet. People usually wear those wide skirt-like trousers when practicing with the katana, but there are few vids like this where you can see the feet.

WARNING: loud shouting

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Wow!
No real protective gear whatsoever.

That's ballsy, even if it's just wooden practice swords.

Here's a channel with tons of sparring footage and informational content: Academy of Historical Fencing

Holt5

Post by Holt5 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:34 am

My first Overgrowth fan piece. A bit on the docile side, but I assume it's not a completely bleak universe. Might redo some of the lighting effects eventually. Image

TheDerpifier

Post by TheDerpifier » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Cool Pic!

tannim

Post by tannim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am

Very good picture, Holt5. I like the little rabbit's size compared to the larger. Very good blades of grass and the hint grass sprouting through the path is a good touch. Colors work well, too. Great job.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:10 pm

I havent been here in ages. I gotta make more art! Edit: Just a shoulder patch for a raider or something. I basically just wanted to practice fabric. I will make a full raider soon. I have to practice digital art more. This is kinda lame. Edit: Deleted it.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:26 pm

A nice morning in the snowy mountains. Trying out more digital art.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 pm

daxtart wrote:A nice morning in the snowy mountains. Trying out more digital art.
Hi there.
I noticed your art wasn't very 'Overgrowth'-y, and it could fit into a multitude of genres outside of the game itself.
So, I decided to 'fix' your art, if you don't mind.
Here's the better version:

[+] Fixed
I hope you take this feedback into good stride.

Furrnox

Post by Furrnox » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 am

Good one I give it a solid 2/10.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Timbles wrote:
I hope you take this feedback into good stride.
lmao

Runswithfrybread

Post by Runswithfrybread » Wed May 25, 2016 1:48 pm

The return of whale man! http://i.imgur.com/MQiwPD1h.jpg