Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Korban3

Re: Fan Art

Post by Korban3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 pm

I think it's the angle of the head to the torso. Having the head down like that, with the eyes coming up gives it a feminine feel, to me. Having the ears tall and straight, especially if you look at only those, gives a masculine vibe though. I think you have something there Neko, with the bright eyes. The eyes on the first drawings face throw it off too. Their very bright and large-irised. Endo pointed out, in the other thread, that Lola has large iris with a lot of color, something Bugs lacks. Maybe if it used less color to his eyes, it'd seem more masculine.
I imagine the whole pose in general is giving the vibe as well. It's a very fluid, agile pose and gives off that feeling of grace.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Korban3 wrote:Their very bright and large-irised. Endo pointed out, in the other thread, that Lola has large iris with a lot of color, something Bugs lacks.
Wrongful credit. Lovely. Image

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Aih em so sorreh. Will you eveh fowh-give meh?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, don't worry. No hard feelings. Image

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Yeah I see what you mean. None of those things were planned of course though, the first pic was just a doodle I was doing while watching something at like 3 am. XD

last

Post by last » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Today i decided that i try to modify 1 of the existing OG rabbit models (turner) and turn it into a female looking rabbit. This of coarse isn't a playable character and the textures may need allot of work to. But here she is with Turner
OvergrowthScreenshot00105.jpg
I should mention that I have a bug with her shadows, i think i have normal map colors in the wrong order or something like that.
Also here is a look from a different angle
OvergrowthScreenshot00106.jpg
I did add a little boobs but i had to because it may otherwise look weird that Turner's chest muscles are bigger than her's.
If anyone want i can share her model in the SPF including all the textures that as i said before need to be reworked and re-baked also making a new UV map isn't a bad idea because it is generated automatically right now by Sculptrist where i made all the model changes and painted her.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 pm

last wrote:Today i decided that i try to modify 1 of the existing OG rabbit models (turner) and turn it into a female looking rabbit. This of coarse isn't a playable character and the textures may need allot of work to. But here she is with Turner
OvergrowthScreenshot00105.jpg
I should mention that I have a bug with her shadows, i think i have normal map colors in the wrong order or something like that.
Also here is a look from a different angle
OvergrowthScreenshot00106.jpg
I did add a little boobs but i had to because it may otherwise look weird that Turner's chest muscles are bigger than her's.
If anyone want i can share her model in the SPF including all the textures that as i said before need to be reworked and re-baked also making a new UV map isn't a bad idea because it is generated automatically right now by Sculptrist where i made all the model changes and painted her.
OMG,thats awesome, looks very well made, body shape looks good. but her feet look a bit big.
Last edited by akazi on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:26 pm

last wrote:Today i decided that i try to modify 1 of the existing OG rabbit models (turner) and turn it into a female looking rabbit.
Yeah see? That doesn't look bad at all! I mean... the clothing doesn't match the setting, but ignoring that, it looks fine! For me, I think the head is too big, as it is bigger than Turner's, and while her chest DOES have boobehs, the entirety of the chest is bigger than turner's. Now, I have precisely 0% experience with 3D modeling, so I won't say much, and don't know how difficult it is, but those were just things I saw.

*EDIT* Holy crap did you just 3D model that gal I drew?! (MAN I'M DENSE.)

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 pm

No shit, he sure did. I didn't even notice. Wow, I guess I'm pretty dense too XD
Not bad, last. I think with some more OG-themed clothing, yeah it could work. Somewhere along her hips, there's this odd crease though. About 4 or 5 inches below the belt. I dunno, it just feels odd. Other than it looks good.

last

Post by last » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 pm

I was inspired to make a female model long time ago but that NekoStar's female looking character was something that helped me allot to start working on that little project of mine. And yes that female ideas sketch by NekoStar did helped me to get some clothing for her.
Korban3 i think that may be because of i didn't manipulate her mesh enough.

Ok thanks for ideas input and i think i keep working on her some more. And yes i should scale her body just a little so the upper body and hips would be smaller than Turner's.

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:10 pm

last wrote:Ok thanks for ideas input and i think i keep working on her some more. And yes i should scale her body just a little so the upper body and hips would be smaller than Turner's.
Well glad I could help get that idea finished! :D Can't wait to see finished product, and how it compares to what Wolfire has in mind! :3

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 am

SteelRaven7 wrote:EDIT: Made a scene test thingy: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11976509/OGScen ... owser.html
SteelRaven... You will not fool me this time...

:lol:

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 am

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Image
i like your new avatar. :wink:

WeeBo

FA(na)RT

Post by WeeBo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 am

:!: Hello everyone :!:
i've been lurking on this thread for a week now, but i've been following the art asset overview and weekly alpha updates thoroughly for over a year.
i haven't been drawing seriously in serveral years (the last fan art i made was for castlecrashers and battlehearts making IRL drawings) and today is the first time i've tried using a software like MyPaint, althought getting a graphic tablet should make things easier.

i really love the art i've been seeing here this past week you guys are doing a terrific job! I have pleinty of ideas for some overgrowth related art and hopefully i'll be able to submit some of my own soon :) (but don't expect anything this week, too busy...)

finally i'd like to end this first post with a little constructive criticism: i don't really like the way the rat species is heading design-wise, i'm not saying that the art is bad only that when i think of ratmen the first image that comes to mind are the vicious, mutilated, thieving, gadget freaks that are the Skavens from Warhammer(tm). Maybe i'll illustrate my feeling later but i don't intend to do rats for now. if anyone else feels the same please post some more skavens orriented ratmen art.