Fan Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Untadaike

Re: Fan Art

Post by Untadaike » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Whoa. What's even happening in the picture? (No offense, it's awesome!) Did the wolf just slash the rabbit's throat open?

Blackmack

Post by Blackmack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:36 am

Untadaike wrote:Whoa. What's even happening in the picture? (No offense, it's awesome!) Did the wolf just slash the rabbit's throat open?
Yeah... I think so. It's very violent anyway, and probaly deadly.

xissburg

Post by xissburg » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Inspired by Overgrowth, I painted this ninja raccoon. Hope u like it =)
Attachments
ninja_raccoon.jpg

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Oh ho ho! That's killer! Literally!

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:08 am

That's pretty damn good 8) ... what i would give for 1/8th of your painting talent ...

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 am

Assaultman67 wrote:That's pretty damn good 8) ... what i would give for 1/8th of your painting talent ...
While I have to agree that the image is good, what you'd have to give for 1/8th of his painting talent is about 1/8th of the time he has given to learning it. That'd be a year or two, most probably.

xissburg, the raccoon is great! I like the way his fur is coming from below the clothes, and the expression is fantastic. I don't like the weapon, but that's because I don't like silly fantasy weapons. The weapon is well-drawn, though.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 am

Endoperez wrote:While I have to agree that the image is good, what you'd have to give for 1/8th of his painting talent is about 1/8th of the time he has given to learning it. That'd be a year or two, most probably.
What level of math did you have to work to to know that?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:45 am

Untadaike wrote:What level of math did you have to work to to know that?
The point wasn't the 1/8th, the point was it'd only take one or two years. Less if you worked hard, or had lessons, or someone taught you. If you have time for it and want to, "learning to draw" is just another hobby, and a cheap one at that.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 pm

It's an expression of one's self, it's an art. You consider visual art a cheap hobby?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Untadaike wrote:It's an expression of one's self, it's an art.
I've practised by drawing circles and lines. It expresses nothing and isn't art. They weren't even meant as drawings; I drew them to learn to draw better.
You consider visual art a cheap hobby?
For "a cheap hobby", I mean literally. Just today I spent ~20 euros for a few sketch books, in few different sizes, that'll keep me happy for months. Visual art isn't quite that cheap, because watercolor paper is relatively more expensive and the colors cost more (gouache ATM) and oil would be lot more expensive, but even that's cheap enough for a student (well, not sure about the price of canvas).

Any way, I only wanted to say that anyone can learn to draw -> make Overgrowth fanart <- in quite a short amount of time. What's wrong with this? Shortened post v 3.5 .

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Endoperez wrote: For "a cheap hobby", I mean literally. Just today I spent ~20 euros for a few sketch books, in few different sizes, that'll keep me happy for months. Visual art isn't quite that cheap, because watercolor paper is relatively more expensive and the colors cost more (gouache ATM) and oil would be lot more expensive, but even that's cheap enough for a student (well, not sure about the price of canvas).
Thanks. That's clarified. Drawing and the like isn't for everyone.

Allord

Post by Allord » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 am

Something i did for the contest over at destructiod, mite as well share it here.
not quite overgrowth or natural selection but wanted to see what others thought.

killerpower123

Post by killerpower123 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:30 pm

this is my sketch of lugaru
Attachments
THE GREAT LUGARU!!
THE GREAT LUGARU!!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:16 pm

killerpower123 wrote:this is my sketch of lugaru
Fully saturated yellow is very strong color for the background. It distracts from the image, which actually isn't a bad try. I put a slightly different color into the image below, to demonstrate.

The composition leaves too much of the right side empty. You could move the character a bit further right, or you could add a landscape with some interesting shape in the right side, or a hand holding a weapon, or you could crop the image.

Did you change the background color after you were done with the lineart? I think I can see white dots inside the black lines. You could get a nifty effect by first having the background as bluish gray or something, then drawing the figure, and then coloring all the big areas into another color afterwards. The blueish-gray would only be left inside the black lines, and it'd give the line interesting texture. I might try that sometime.
Attachments
temp.JPG
temp.JPG (51.46 KiB) Viewed 11776 times

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:07 pm

That's really cool, I like the stylized elements of it, and the rough look.