Preorder Overgrowth!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
last

Re: Preorder Overgrowth!

Post by last » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:46 am

There have been some reports that there is problem with torrent file. I can suggest to download alpha 200 and then useSUM launcher to update it.

Ibrhaimasse

Post by Ibrhaimasse » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Guys

Having the same problem as a number of people.

Here are some screenshots http://imgur.com/a/HAEIS

1. Shows torrent is fully downloaded

2 & 3 show the errors when you try to do anything with the zip file

I will try the direct download version and see if that's any better

I am excited for this game, but imho its pretty damn important to get this part of the deal right. This is a persons first impressions of the game after shelling out their hard earned cash? Not good

last

Post by last » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 am

Ibrhaimasse wrote:Hi Guys

Having the same problem as a number of people.

Here are some screenshots http://imgur.com/a/HAEIS

1. Shows torrent is fully downloaded

2 & 3 show the errors when you try to do anything with the zip file

I will try the direct download version and see if that's any better

I am excited for this game, but imho its pretty damn important to get this part of the deal right. This is a persons first impressions of the game after shelling out their hard earned cash? Not good
Like i said before. There have been reports that torrent version is broken, and using direct download should help. Also there have been problems with direct download loosing connection and then the file is incomplete.
Probably the best solution is to use alpha 200 torrent and then updating it with SUM launcher

halowhat22

Post by halowhat22 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 am

my old computer hade my overgrowth on it and then it crashed and I lost it how do I get it back

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:51 am

halowhat22 wrote:my old computer hade my overgrowth on it and then it crashed and I lost it how do I get it back
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18644

Buliwo

Post by Buliwo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:48 am

Amazon has to manually pre-order my order. And I have university in 3 hours. Hope they at least do it before I come home tonight.

Looking forward to messing around in the editor. Just saw a video of the new dialogue editor and pre-ordered straight away. 8)

PlatinumApple

Post by PlatinumApple » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:27 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:
xGazzer wrote:Hi. I just pre-ordered overgrowth and I'm having some problems.

1) How do I use the bittorrent? Do I need a special program??

2) I tried using the normal version but when I click on Overgwoth.exe in the WinZip file of the game it says I'm missing FreeImage.dll, so I looked around in the WinZip file and saw found it, but for some reason it still says it's missing from my computer!! So I can't play it :( I also tried looking at what OvergrowthWorker.exe is and it does the same thing! I then checked with Awesinium.exe is and it says Awesinium.dll is missing from my computer?! WHY?!?!?!?!

How do I fix this, please tell me :(
1) Yeah, you need a special torrent software. But I guess you already managed to download the game from question 2 so I won't link any.

2) You need to extract all files and folders from the winzip archive to another folder. Look at the "winzip file" as a closed bag where you can only retireve one item at a time. You basicly need to pour everything out on the floor so that the game can access everything at once. To do this, simply drag everything from the winzip archive to another folder. For example, you could create a folder on your desktop called Overgrowth, then drag and drop everything in there.
THANK YOU.

Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am

I'm sorry if this is stupid, but i can't seem to get the game to come up. I downloaded everything, but all they are just files in my overgrowth folder. How do i get the actual playable game?

Thanks

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am

Wolf97 wrote:I'm sorry if this is stupid, but i can't seem to get the game to come up. I downloaded everything, but all they are just files in my overgrowth folder. How do i get the actual playable game?

Thanks
Run Overgrowth.exe

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:19 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:
Wolf97 wrote:I'm sorry if this is stupid, but i can't seem to get the game to come up. I downloaded everything, but all they are just files in my overgrowth folder. How do i get the actual playable game?

Thanks
Run Overgrowth.exe
At first I thought this was asshole sarcasm, but now I understand that Wolf genuinely didn't know what to do.

von_hamster

Post by von_hamster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't get the map "tree canyon" to work. It say's I'm mising a file called light_armored_dog.xml (or something like that. I've re-installed the game once, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

last

Post by last » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 am

von_hamster wrote:I don't get the map "tree canyon" to work. It say's I'm mising a file called light_armored_dog.xml (or something like that. I've re-installed the game once, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This is taken from Wolfire twitter
Oops, I think the tree canyon level may still have a model in it which was deleted.
There isn't a official fix for this problem, but when you can't wait for next alpha release then there are ways to get this level working again.

akazi

Re: Preorder Overgrowth!nsta

Post by akazi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't get why it doesn't work for anyone else, I don't get any of these errors when I load the map. Not sure how people don't have that file, doesn't it install when you update?

last

Re: Preorder Overgrowth!nsta

Post by last » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:30 pm

akazi wrote:I don't get why it doesn't work for anyone else, I don't get any of these errors when I load the map. Not sure how people don't have that file, doesn't it install when you update?
What update? He joined right after the alpha 203 was released. I say that this file (and some more files) simply don't exist in the alpha 203. (And those other files that i am talking about where never put into the game install/update file)

xzener

Post by xzener » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:08 pm

People talking about beta testing coming soon-posted in 2008! Its 2013 now, almost 2014, I know it takes awhile to make a game, but from 2008 (at least) to 2014? I hope this game is good!